Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010

Happy new month, all...surely good weather is not too far away! Sherry sent this photo of a
Stargazer lily, which should make us think SPRING. All of our January blogging has been such fun; you Sistas just make my day when I read your comments. Some of my days are not as good as others, and the blog is truly a bright spot. Y'all need to send pictures, too, and I'll share them here.
February is a good house-cleaning month, so I have resolved to get my clothes in better order.
That's sort of a take-your-time thing...I can handle that!
Let's all have a good month; we'll start by really living each day, OK?

32 comments:

  1. I hope this works. I've brought it to work so I can blog from here, here's hoping. Judy, you're right, February is a great house-cleaning month. I've been cleaning out my closets and last Sunday I cleaned out my garage and actually got to work in the yard for a couple of hours. The little girl next door was at a birthday party at the place where Delaney works on Sunday. She's not sure if it was Delaney or not, (showed her picture) that did her hair, but what a small world it is. I'm going to wait and plan my trip to Savannah after the "family" has their trip set up. I don't want to limit their options. Not much going on here, rained last night and raining today, supposed to get more on Thursday and Friday. Ready to build that Ark. Hope you're having one of your good days today. You're always in my thoughts. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy February everyone.

    I love you mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Happy February too Mom, beautiful flower Sher.....sorry Dougie didn't get to photoshop it, but ya know what? It looks just perfect, such a sign of Spring to come.

    There is so much renewal ahead that we might just not know of yet....God bless this wonderful family immediate, and extended.

    Good night Mommy, and all my soul sistas, and Daddy too!

    Love, Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good night my soul sistas...
    Mom, I hope you had a wonderful day, we will catch up in the morning, I will try to call again on my way to work.

    Can you believe, that tonight, I finally made myself enjoy a sweet, vanilla bubble bath. I'm not one to soak unlike my husband, who loves too soak for hours, I loved it for a few sweet moments. I think of too many things that I have to jump up and do. So, at least after 1 year of worries, stress and doubts, I finally "soaked it in"... tomorrow's another day..... let's live for today.

    Sleep well my sistas...

    Love you all to pieces

    Mommy, love you so much.
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, uplifting thoughts,Elle. I miss being able to get into my Jacuzzi:(

    Night,All!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love getting caught up on what everyone is doing!

    Mim - sorry lunch didn't work out last Friday - shall we try for this Friday? Short notice might actually work out better!

    Elle - you are so funny! Reading your posts is just like talking to you!

    Judy - sounds like you are making headway - taking it easy, though. It's so tempting to overdo on the days you feel well, I know, but it's not going anywhere, and you have plenty of time. If no one else wants the punch bowl and glass plates, we could use them for some of our functions that keep seeming to pop up - we'd love to have them. Mark is excited about planning a visit down. He was originally thinking about the Valentine's weekend, but now it sounds like everyone is trying to make it work for the following weekend - the 20th maybe? Please let us know what the plan is - he will get there!!! Also, please give Bill our love - Christopher left him a message a while back, thanking him for the coins - let me know if he got it - he's really gotten a kick out of going through them and matching them up with others he already has - a very special gift and so cool of Grandaddy to think of him!

    De - I know how busy you guys are - our soccer season is about to get into full swing too - I would love to run by one afternoon, just for a visit. Would some Friday afternoon work for you? No agenda - just a visit, and I know Christopher would love to see the girls. Good luck with running! None for me - my opinion is that it will send everything south just that much faster - no thanks - gravity is taking it's toll anyway!!! Let us know if y'all do run, though, so we can look for you on the tv!

    Love ya, Sher - sounds like all your little chickadees are going in exciting directions - hope work is good and the sun is shining in Jax!

    Jules - hope your fam is all better now - it was great to spend a little time with Mark the other day - he was very helpful and I got to see the videos of the boys - very impressive!! I know you'll record Syd's performance as well - can't wait to see it - may have to go to Mark's again to see it - my computer doesn't have sound, but at least it's working now!! Made a liar out of me - the damn thing! Oh well!

    I hope I didn't miss anyone! I'll try and be better about keeping up! I know y'all can't wait to get together - everybody bring pictures and take lots, too!

    Love, love, love all my sistas! Peace and joy, and living each day to the fullest!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to "hear" everyone's voices. Judy, I know you are looking forward to your visit with your mommy and sister this weekend. Johnny also,will keep things lively.What a wonderful crew,just like great characters in a good book. Speaking of good books, Kenny said you read,THE HELP too. Couldn't put it down. Everyone in the south should read it.

    Karen,Friday is a good day for me.We could also meet up with Mimi. That would be fun! There is a retreat coming up for the highschoolers at BrownsBridge. Let me know if Chris wants to go. It's called MY LIFe if you want to check it out on the website for the church.
    Elle,sher and jules... kenny is looking forward to hanging with you guys and Mark in a few weeks. I know you will keep your mom and daddy entertained for a few days with your sibling humor. You all are great as individuals but together you complete each other....just as family should. Love and peaches, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to start my day - with everyone's news! Karen, the punch bowl and dishnes are yours; we'll make sure Mark brings them back. Hope that weekend works out for everybody. I can't remember when all of you sibs were together??
    Bill did get Chris's message and was really pleased. He had fun gathering up the coins, so is glad Chris is enjoying them.
    I need to get a bite of breakfast before the Merry Maids come, so will be back later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to hear from everyone too. Karen, I'm glad I amuse you, I didn't realize that talking about finally taking time out for a nice bubble bath would make you laugh.

    Denise, yes, I am looking forward to seeing my sibs, it has been since our Tybee gathering that we have all been together, including Mom and Daddy.

    Ken, Sher, Juls, Mark, let me know if you want me to scout out hotels. And, I promise not to even CONSIDER Spring Hill Suites. LOL!
    Will Juls, Ken and Mark drive together? How nice. We'll talk about all of that soon. More than ever, I can't wait to just be visting with mom all together...sweet moments to come.

    Doug has his hernia surgery (outpatient) whew! on the 12th, so he will be healing pretty well by the 21st weekend I would imagine.

    Well, best get back to this crazy work day. Think my hip is outof line again, going to PT to have them twist it out! haha, I'm serious....they did that once before and it helped. just hurts right now........ugh.

    Mom, I bet your condo is sparkly clean now that Merry Maids have visited. Of course, it's always so cozy and comfy anyway.
    I'm sorry you are missing your jacuzzi Mom...
    :o(....can you use the bathtub in Daddy's bathroom? I would sure help you if I was there......!

    Love to all my soul sista's and brotha's.

    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodnight Mom, Goodnight Daddy, Goodnight Sher, Goodnight Jules, Goodnight Kenny, Goodnight Mark, Goodnight Mim, Goodnight Denise, Goodnight Mark Itz, Goodnight Kar and Goodnight Dougie...

    Ok, I was watching a "Walton's Mountain" Clip on You Tube...too sweet....

    So many more to say "Goodnight to"....sleep well and sweet dreams...
    Love Elle (Mary Ellen) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yee ha and Hialeah!!!! I love you all so much!

    I talked to our very special birthday girl today - she's excited to be heading to SAV tomorrow, although she says it has rained every time she has gone down. Judy, I know she is worried about you, but I know you will both feel better once you get the chance to visit in person. As little as she has gotten, I know she will seem Amazonian next to you - any progress in the weight department? Have a wonderful weekend, as I know you will, and soak it all in - who could possibly have imagined us all celebrating Gramma's 103rd birthday?!!! I know the box on her door will be completely overflowing with birthday cards when she returns. I will go see her after they get back and can't wait to hear about the trip! I hope Johnny isn't too uncomfortable traveling, but I know they will take it easy. He and Bill will enjoy a nice visit, I know - hey, they are soul brotha's too!!!

    De - I'll check into the retreat, sounds like fun. He went to a lock in a few weekends ago at Sugar Hill United Methodist and had lots of fun - they took them to play laser tag at midnight!! Of course, they got absolutely no sleep and it took him a whole week to get caught up! I'll buzz you Friday afternoon if that's looking good - I'm hoping the rain will have stopped by then - don't know when it is supposed to quit. Missy reminded me today that we were sitting in the sun on her driveway last year on Valentine's Day!!! I'm certainly ready for shorts and bathing suits instead of turtlenecks!!!

    TGIF, everyone, just a few minutes early - off to bed. Love and peaches!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bloggin' for mom.
    Hey all sistas.
    Mom fell at Publix yesterday. Daddy was with her.
    Got her home. Decided to call 911. Took her in to have
    some x-rays. Bruised but not cracked hip.
    She is downstairs on the sofa resting this morn.
    I'm on my way up to help out.
    She's going to need a walker (they have one).
    Gramma and Susan will visit another time.

    Call ya'll later...

    Sherber

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could come take care of you too Mom....:o(....but I know you are in great hands. I'm so glad you didn't fracture your pelvis, only bruised, however, I know bruises can hurt too. Just get some rest in that sunny living room of yours, dig into a good book!

    Glad you and Daddy enjoyed the meatballs last night. I'll bring lots more when I come up with all the sibs soon........k??????

    I love you to pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm awfully glad Mark told me about the fall before I read it on here - I would really have panicked! Sounds like you got the star treatment, just as you deserve! Just so glad you didn't have to wait around at the hospital all day - that is such a drag! Please take care of yourself. It's a shame Gramma's not coming down - y'all could have had walker races!!! :)

    It is so cold and rainy today - unfortunately, we're going to send it your way. I'm dreaming of places warm & sunny and drinking a lot of hot chocolate!!! Hard to believe the drought we were having not so long ago.

    Love, Peace & Joy to all!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, so sorry to hear you fell, but glad you're okay. I hate those darn concrete things in the parking lots, I've had some close calls myself with those. I also heard your mom and the Ficklens have postponed their trip down. As Karen says, it's raining cats and dogs today. We were going to try to do lunch (again), but will try to do it next week. Take care of yourself and keep positive thoughts. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Judy, so glad your prayer was answered and there were no broken bones. You must be drinking your milk for those strong bones. :) Unlike Karen, I did read about your fall on the blog and panicked. Fortunately,Kenny was home and let me know he had talked with you and you were doing well and resting.PTL,that Bill was close by and came to your rescue. Hopefully, Gramma can come soon. Love you so much, denise

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're probably really, sore, Judy. It seems to happen that the soreness is worse a day or two after the actual incident.

    For a laugh: When Mark talked to Gramma yesterday for her b-day, she told him Susan had gone to drop Uncle Johnny off at the Hobby Shop - that is the best "day care center" for him! She is, of course, as witty as ever!!

    Christopher had two friends over last night - one of the boys, Matthew, was with us at the Aquarium for Gramma's 99th b-day - he is a very nice boy and was glad to hear she's doing well!

    Christopher told me the "walker race" comment was inapporpriate (I didn't even know he had an inappropriate barometer!), so sorry if I offended anyone by saying that! :)

    We're getting ready for the Super Bowl. Have a super weekend, everyone - Judy: rest and heal - we love you so!

    Peach out!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good night Mom...kinda late, but just got to see Sherry's last picture of you............I can't begin to tell you, how beautiful you are and how much you mean to me.

    Sleep well, rest well,
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh when the saints, oh when the saints go marching in..wonderful win for New Orleans! eh?
    We are not big football, nor Superbowl fans, but what an awesome touchdown tonight for the Saints that brought them home....!

    I hope my sistas had a wonderful day....
    Mom, I pray that you had a good day and that the sun was shining in Savannah and that your little bruising is going away ...many good days to come.

    Love you all,
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Judy - we understand that you plan on tackling the steps today - there will be lots of hands guiding you! I know you will be VERY careful. Let us know how you are coming along - I am ready to come and help if you will let me.

    Love and Peace!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mom :o)
    I wanted to see how you were doing today......I wish I could be up there.
    Please know that I am only a phone call away...:o)
    Love, love, love, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just a little note tonight to you mom, even though you are not home, you will read this when you return, we all hope that you are so comfortable at hospice, had a nice bath, have wonderful people around you; where we could not be, tucked you in, and that you have a nice book to read and anyone there for you at a minutes notice....sleep well sweet lady......we hope to give back to you, all of life's treasures that you have given to us...too many to count.

    "Sweet Dreams"....
    Love, Elle and your soul sistas....zzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am looking forward to going to Savannah to help out where I can. I'm certainly not the gourmet cook that Judy is, but I think I can keep them from starving to death too. If anyone can think of recipes for good food that won't upset Judy's tummy, please e-mail them to me - I can print them down there. I'm hoping that when she comes home from hospice that she will be able to rest, knowing that the small stuff is being taken care of.

    Love and Peace!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Karen! I'll call you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know Bill will be glad to have you there Karen. Our prayers go wih you. I know you will do all you can to help where it is needed. Hopefully, Judy will be back home soon and the sibs can still come next weekend. ure wish Gramma could be there as well. God is in control and I know His timing is always perfect. Much love my sistas, denise

    ReplyDelete
  26. Saw Judy this morning - she looks so tiny in that bed! But she is being so well taken care of there - it is such a comfort knowing that. They gave her a very nice shower yesterday and she felt so much better after that - she has consulted with the doctor there and they are going to try a variety of strategies to alleviate her most urgent symptoms, as well as helping her get some good quality rest while she's there - not as easy as it sounds, though, as anyone who has spent time in a hospital knows! Why on earth are there so many things that must be done in the middle of the night?!!! In any case, she looks good, but is, of course, a bit weak - she has her new hair with her there and has been wearing it - I know looking better makes her feel better too! Again, she is the positive, inspiring force that we have all come to count on - perhaps now more than ever!!!

    I am glad to be here at the house, spending time with Bill, too. He needed the company more than he needs anything else I can do for him right now.

    I love you all so much - thanks for the love and support - as everyone knows, I tend to be the emotional sort and knowing you are all just a phone call away is very comforting.

    Peace out!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope this little posting is of some comfort to my sisters.
    Mom touched our lives and those of everyone she knew.
    Even if just standing in line at the grocery store.

    She left too soon .
    Now we must resolve to help each other stay well and informed.

    Mom is at peace now. We have to find our way as well.

    See you soon.
    I love you all so much.

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  28. Here's what we know:

    Visitation (closed casket, no viewing), Sunday, Feb 14th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monsignor Nelson will say
    the Rosary at 5:00 p.m.
    Funeral Home: Fox & Weeks
    7200 Hodgson Memorial Drive
    Savannah, GA
    (912)352-7200

    Graveside Service, Monday, Feb 15th, 11:00 a.m. Monsignor Nelson will preside there as well.
    Greenwich Cemetary
    330 Bonaventure Road
    Thunderbolt, GA
    (912)651-6843

    We are not planning anything formal at the house - we'll let it be spontaneous and if people want to come, they will come.


    We are going to Fox & Weeks this afternoon at 2:00 to finalize all the arrangements. Please, anybody, let us know if you think of anything we may have forgotten. Please remember that she wanted us to celebrate her life - and she would prefer that people do not wear black to the funeral.

    Many thanks for all the love and support - we love you all so very much!

    Bill, Sherry & Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Goodnight Mommy, I miss you so terribly much......I "talked" to you today after Doug's surgery to tell you he was fine...I heard you in the skies outside of the hospital, when I looked up and asked: "Mom, is Heaven beautiful?",...you said, "oh, So beautiful"....

    Sleep well, and "sweet dreams" my soul sistas........

    Mommy, dance, swirl and know we celebrate with you!

    Love,Elle

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nite..Ellie..
    travel safe..
    see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  31. I had my first 'mom" dream last night. Cool.
    We were in "old Florida" on vacation. Sharing a room with one other
    person. Can't figure it out. Think it may have been Rachel or Nell or
    some combination.
    Uncle Bill Thomas was there. We were sitting outside on a porch.
    Picnic tables.
    They looked like 20 year old kids!
    That's all I remember:)

    I love you all

    ReplyDelete