Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Happy New Year, my Sistas and all of our wonderful family! December certainly rolled in some difficult questions and even more difficult answers; however, peace of mind has followed. We had a lovely Christmas with Sherry here, followed by a visit from Karen and Mimi. They all arrived like Meals on Wheels, believe me! Such good food, and fun to have my girls in the kitchen.
We are, as you know, comfortably under the loving care of Hospice Savannah. We now have an assigned Nurse, Gwen, and a Social Worker, Auriel. Yesterday, around 2:00 pm, the doorbell rang, and there stood a gentleman who introduced himself as Sam, a Hospice Chaplain. We had a nice visit and look forward to his dropping in from time to time. Life is good and, with these good people (and you all) around me, we'll keep it that way as long as possible! I love you bunches - let's keep blogging.

77 comments:

  1. What a great picture, Judy. It was a wonderful visit. I will be back soon. I enjoyed spending time in your comfy home. I wish you could have a fire in your fireplace. It was sleeting when we pulled in Karen and Mark's driveway. Mark had a roaring fire going in the fireplace, so her house was warm and cozy. After I left and was on my way home, I discovered Karen had left her cell phone in the car, so turned around and took it back knowing she would need it. The sleet never amounted to much and I was home by 5:00. Karen was nice enough to drive all the way back. We decided we did good together as traveling companions and roomies. I love that Hospice is keeping a close eye on things, and I know it makes you and Bill feel more comfortable with the situation. Hope your tummy is better today. Denise, glad you and your family are safely back from Orlando. I remember a great time I spent with the Thomas family at Disney World (bathroom buddy, Madie) a few years back. Hope Madie is feeling a little better about her friends passing. El, it was good to talk with you, and I know you will feel better once you've spent some time with your mom.

    Happy New Year (2010) to all of you, and I pray for peace and tranquility for all.

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comments, Mimi, come back any time! We've about gone thru all of the yummy things y'all brought to eat. The rest of the spagheti bake is in the freezer, along with neat packages of turkey breast. Last BBQ sandwich I had, I added a bit of Johnny Harris sauce!. K, I cut up all of the fruit, so I have that to snack on.
    Cold here tonight, too, but looking forward to a visit from Sherry tomorrow.
    To bed now...night, all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, lots of goodies in your freezer, just wait, I have more to bring next weekend. How were your "chops" tonight? Sher, I told Mom that I would come up on Sunday, stopping through to see you on Saturday, let me know if that works for you.... french mani/pedis for you both....

    Sleep well all of my soul sistas....Mom, "Sweet Dreams" back at ya....

    Elle

    Love. Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sistas, So glad to hear about all the good visitors you are having and are going to have,Judy. Sorry you are still having pain in your tummy. Sounds like it has not stopped you from enjoying some good food.
    The kids go back to school on Tuesday. Karen, how are things going with Christopher's new school? Madie will start something new next week for Chemistry and Algebra2. It is a NaGa homeschool enrichment school for math and science. I am so relived that it will not be my responsibility to teach those tough subjects anymore. Everything else is going well with her. I truly believe that she is handling the death of her friend so well because she was in a stable place because of homeschooling and the counseling she has had. Ali goes back on the 11th after the big chaimpionship game on the 7th.
    We might get some snow by this weekend.... but more than likely these 20 degree temps will suddenly rise above 32 degrees by the time the rain falls. If we get some we will send some pics. No pic is more beautiful than the one of you on this posting. What a wonderful smile! Love you so much. de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good night my soul sistas.............
    Kinda cold down here in West Palm, record lows around in the 30's tonight...even tho I got my dose of cold Atlanta, North Ga. this past Fall, funny how your blood thins after a few years in the deep South..even trying to ride my bike yesterday a.m. I needed a scarf and glove. LOL

    Mom, see you soon, bringing soft jammies for you I made a few years ago, only because you taught me how, a chuck roast and meat balls, comfort for the soul

    Sleep well and "sweet dreams" all..

    Love to all, Elle :o)

    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from Denise!! Sounds like a great addition to Madie's schedule this semester. Hope everyone has a good rest of the school year, guys.
    Jammies, Elle?! Looking forward to Sunday. Don't knock yourself out with food, kiddo. We mainly want to see you, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss hearing from you all right now....need to keep our entries going......this is an awesome blog....just a word or so makes my night.

    Mom, found some cute sweats at Gap, think you'll like them, xs just for you (wish I was that small :o).... see you soon.

    Just to clarify, I'll see you and Daddy Sunday and Monday nights, stopping by Sher's Sat. night...

    Will be driving Nick's car because it was TIME to reposess that little Cobalt....too bad, sometimes tough love is really "tough' but, we had to do it.

    "Sweet Dreams"...

    Love, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning all, I hope you are staying warm and toasty, I can't believe this weather down here as well, 30's-40's in the a.m.! I think I'm done with it! LOL

    Funny, as I typed last night, Mom you must've been typing at the same time and hit "go"! as when I started, no one was out here :o(.... glad you were!

    Have a wonderful day my sisters,
    Love, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings from the freezing Atlanta area. I can't believe this. My pond froze over, so my little fishy may not make it. Met up with Karen today to give her makeup she left in the car. She always is so put together, even to just pick up kids from school. Oh, to be young again. Not much news here, still haven't taken down my tree yet, probably this weekend......kind of like the ambience. Judy, I hope you and Bill and El have a good weekend visit in your comfy abode. El, don't try to push that little cobalt like you would your Infiniti. Hate that you have that burden on you right now. Are you gong to try to sell it? I'll give you a call when you're on the road to Savannah Sunday. Judy, how's that tummy doing? I think about you constantly. Your scrapbooking is wonderful. What a great job you did on your cruise last year. I did a survey on-line with the hotel and let them know about the noise factor. They were very accommodating and knew it was a problem and said they would address it. It's such a beautiful place, and I think under ordinary circumstances the noise wouldn't have bothered me. My cold is winding down, actually have a voice all day now. I'm so full of feelings right now for you and your family, I can't help but think of my own mother's experience with Ovarian Cancer. Although it was 20 years ago, it still leaves an emptiness in my heart. So, my sistas, we all need to just gather each other in and enjoy each and every day, to the max. Just know that each and every one of you are in my heart always. Love you guys, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Mimi, beautiful blog....hope your fishy's survive the cold.........
    sleep well all,
    Love, Elle......

    ReplyDelete
  11. El, hope all goes well with Doug's scan today. I know you will both happy to have it over with. Let us know what you find out. Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really are so sensitive to all, Mimi. I, too, have thought about your Mom dying of ovarian cancer, Maybe it helps put things into perspective for me.
    Elle, know you're both glad the scan is over - I know how hard it is to wait out the results.
    Love you all, Sistas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 24 degrees this morn in Jacksonville! But it's a "balmy 24"..lol.
    I love it and still hope to live back in 4 season's again someday.
    I keep thinking of Canton or Dawsonville or even Ellijay..Chattanooga?
    Get to wear the coats I still have...Jules has the others:)
    Mommy I hope you are staying warm...
    Back on the air for the Promise part time. It's a wonderful place
    to be for a few hours during the day..especially now. I have some
    good hearted people around me who each have their own struggles
    as well.
    ...one day at a time....
    I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Late, but without saying goodnight my soul sistas... and Kenny too........
    crockpot cookin' and smellin' good with meatballs for mom, Daddy and Sher in Jax. As you know mom, I finally got that crock, so I hope you will enjoy....see you soon!! can't wait to just snuggle and enjoy your warm and wonderful home..

    Love, Elle,
    "Sweet Dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds wonderful, Elle! Can't wait to taste those meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again, love, love, love having a place to go to catch up on what everyone's been up to!!!!

    It's been so cold here this week - ready for a break from it, but the kids are glad to have an unexpected holiday from school today - would have loved to have a little snow to play in, but I don't think this dusting will make much of a snowball!!

    Such an awesome visit to Savannah with Mimi (Mim, thanks once again for making it possible for me to come!) - had a wonderful time with Judy & Bill! Very easy and laid back - will come back as often as possible, and hopefully, Judy, you will come up with some chores for me to help with!

    Elle - be sure and get the name of the jewelry store from Mimi - it's near City Market on Broughton - you could spend DAYS in there!!!

    Trying to get back into a routine with the new school semester under way - eager to see what it brings for Christopher.

    Not much else happening here - just wanted to reach out and touch everyone! Happy New Year! My fondest wish for us all is peace and joy in our hearts and the warmth and comfort of family all around us, both physically and emotionally!

    Safe journey, Elle!

    Love to all our soul sistas!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. ROLL TIDE MY SISTAS!!!! Stayed up way to late last night watching Alabama beat Texas for National Championship game. Ali called at midnight so excited. Worked out great too with a snow day today. We got a beautiful layer covering everything. Too cold to play in it though.....12 degrees and very windy. BRRRR.
    Hope Elle doesn't get too cold driving into this Ga Artic air. Pray your visit with your Mom and Bill is warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a ride to work today. Kind of scary, but not too bad. Glad to be home for the weekend. Denise, I'm so happy that the Tide won last night. I've never been much of a college football fan, but since Ali is there it gives me someone to root for. I'm sure Ali is thrilled. El, safe trip on Saturday, call me when you're on the road to Savannah on Sunday. Wanted to tell you about this jewelry boutique in Savannah on Broughton Street. The name on my sales slip is So Good Jewelry, but not sure what it says on the outside of the building, but just a look in the window will give you a thrill. Hope you get to check it out. Judy, know you will have a great visit with Ellen. Hope you and Bill are doing okay. Will see you towards the end of the month, hopefully. Mark and Karen, hope you're keeping warm, was nice to see both of you and Christopher. Love to all and let's keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good night sistas turning in kinda early, packing up clothes and some good eatings for Mom and Daddy. Beautiful blogs above and thank you for your nice travel prayers....I will travel with them all.....

    Love you all,
    Peace Out, Peach Out & Snow Out
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  20. You wonderful Sistas - love the blogs and looking forward to having Elle with us for a couple of days. My big accomplishment of the last couple of days has been to REALLY straighten both the pantry and the extra storage cabinet...even have all of the labels facing forward!!Now I know what's in there and I promise to avoid the BOGOs and use what I have.
    Stay warm everybody - I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mom, funny, back away from the your pantry with everything facing forward, how funny...now I'm really scared....we alway joke with Doug about that Michael Douglas movie...truly......hmmmmm...I'm feeling like sabotaging our pantry at this very moment just to scramble everything around.... LOL

    Can't wait to see you and Daddy soon, so glad the weekend is here!

    Sher, see you and Ray around 4:00ish on Saturday..

    My sweet family in Atlanta, stay warm enjoy what snow is there....

    Love, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Be careful, Elle - the cold here has been just brutal!!! Soooooo ready to begin working on my tan!

    Love to all!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Evening all,
    What a wonderful gift to see my sissy El after over a year..yikes.
    too long!(hey Bell)..You look so beautiful and I loved every minute
    of your visit.I know you are now with mom and daddy for a couple
    of days.(hey mama and daddy:)
    Rachel came last eve and joined us for a bite and drinks at my new local place...3 Forks.(steak place..fyi..google Tapestry Park here in Jax. A "live work play"
    concept...kind of like Atlantic Station. We headed over to Hotel Indigo so I could "show Ellie off..lol) to this property..as she had such talent in the evolution of the project in Atlanta..everyone should visit the place
    downtown across from the Fox Theater. Adorable! And all about pets!
    El gave her stamp of approval..too cool!
    ...I'm back..just got off the phone with mom(hey mommy).
    Ell's meatballs rocked for dinner...
    Jules..my little siissy..hope all ice is melting soon..wow! Saw all ponds
    and lakes slightly frozen..So looking forward to your visit soon.
    Nell and Cleo will also come by in the near future...
    which is the time we have to spend with mom(hi mommy).

    good nite to all...stay warm..sleep tight..

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm too full with love to write tonight..so little room to express my wonderful visit with Mom and Daddy....incredibly precious moments, all I can say is, sleep well my dear family and I will write again first thing in the morning.

    Mom, your guestroom is so comfy just knowing you and Daddy were just a minute away from me...great bed, great soft sheets, great lavendar toweletts, bottled water and a great teddy bear just for me!!!

    Sweet Dream,
    love, elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet Ellen, she got here before I did! Yes, it was a wonderful visit...she is a delight to have. Bless you, Elle, for cooking, cleaning up, cleaning out, and telling me to go put my feet up!

    And sweet dreams from me, too, Sistas.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning Mommy, now that I have visited you, I know that you are up already......I hope you and daddy slept well, are enjoying a little coffee and that the sun will warm up the day nicely there. I will miss sitting with you in your "sunspot" today, but will be back up shortly.

    Thank you again for our sharing, your sweet smiles while we do nothing at all, and just great conversations about life and the beauty of the unknown.

    I love you to pieces,
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Missing everyone tonight......
    Mom, loved chatting for a little while, hopefully you were'nt in the kitchen too long before getting snuggley, comfortabley into bed. Again, please tell Daddy how much Doug and I enjoyed that fabulous Savannah shrimp he sent me home with...oh my...nothing like it....

    Sher, I forgot to mention to all, how much your wonderful "on air" voice and songs brought me through Jacksonville yesterday, what a blessing I needed at that very moment..Love you.

    My heart is full as Denise said early on......
    Love, and "sweet dreams",
    Elle
    Good night Mommy..............

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Elle..
    I love my precious sisters.
    Susan..angel in waiting.
    Julie and Ellen here.

    Quiet this eve...someone practicing piano downstairs...booom diatta boomdiatta....dah dah dah..

    Love it.
    Kenny gave me a guitar. I had it reworked...I'm thinking
    "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "House of The Rising Sun"...
    It's been played by 'Blind Boys of Alabama"..google it!

    nite

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good night everyone...no one here tonight?

    Please don't stop chatting, just a line or two is all I need....

    Sher, I love your reference to Sue as an Angel in waiting, how wonderful to know for all of us here.

    Mommy, sleep well tonight, I love that Julie and Sher will be there this weekend...see you soon too.

    Sleep well my soul sistas..
    Peace out, Peace Out and Hialeah.
    Love, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such great blogs! Elle, have you already cooked some of the shrimp? Denise, I left a message on your house phone to say thanks for the bright, sunshiney flowers! They arrived around 5:30. Love those big fiji mums! Elle, looks like I'll have some feather pillows sooner than later - Sherry found a good deal at Cosco.
    Julie will be here mid-day Sunday and leave sometime Monday afternoon. Mark & Syd are bringing her and they are thrilled with the rate at Springhill Suites!!
    How lovely to think of Susan as an Angel in waiting. I had a really nice note (Facebook) from Corey, talking about finishing up with school, his long-time girlfriend, and the pets!
    I'm feeling such warmth and love from you all.

    Nitey nite!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ah, sweet about the pillows Mom, thanks Sher!!!!
    And, yes, the shrimp was awesome Mom, notice I said "was" haha.....thank you and Daddy again.
    When Mark and Karen get down (if you're out there Kar) I can get that same great Springhill rate, I was so excited yesterday!
    Starting to finally warm up here again into the 70's, mom, I'll work on your gardenia bush when I come back up, it will be just fine.

    Mommy, enjoy your warm, sunny living room...and Elvis too, give my love to Daddy,

    Peachy Out,
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Friday!!!!!! a little warmer here, got to 52 yesterday. All this food talk makes me hungry. Judy, I had some of your pepper jelly last night on top of cream cheese on top of Chicken in a Biskit crackers....how yummy. Elvis? don't get it. Clue me in. Glad to hear that Julie and Sherry will be with you this weekend. El, good talking with you yesterday, let's touch base this weekend. Got to get ready for work. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good morning!
    Got your message Judy! I am sending you another little package..should be there by today.
    Wish I could be in that package,hopefully soon after the wedding this weekend. Looking forward to seeing all the Ficklen clan and meeting Ashley's new family. I know it will be beautiful. Ali hates that she will miss it. She was committed to a Fraternity Ball in New Orleans with Sean. Pray for her ...she's been under the weather. She's taking finance this semester and it will be a doozy. I was so happy to hear about your talk with Corey. He has been in my thoughts and prayers lately. Well, the day is calling...still need to find shoes for Sam. I don't think Nike's will look good with his new suit.Love you all my sistas. d

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good night all sweet ladies. Mom, loved our conversation just a few minutes ago....you healed me and inspired me in so many ways....
    Peace out, Peach Out & Hilaleah, funny funny, that I bloopered that saying way back.

    Love, Elle :o)
    P.S. Mim, Mom bought a great Elvis CD of his beautiful,inspiritual music that really was his calling that she/us love listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great visit with Sherry - she brought down pillows! Also helped with more cabinet cleaning and went home with stuff.
    Julie is here now, but will probably not spend the night because she has a cold/cough:( I'll enjoy whatever time we have together.
    I started to do a new Post, then decided nooooooo, we'll just carry on.
    Later, Sistas!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The wedding was simply beautiful! The music serene as a young girl with an angelic voice and her guitar singing,"OH how He loves us" as the bridal party and Ashley walked down the aisle. Everything about it was spiritual and pure and so sweet. The home of Gina's sister was rustic and lovely just like Kenny and I love because it felt homey and welcoming. The big tent out back suffered some soggy walking conditions because of all the rain but our shoes getting messy were worth it to see the bridesmaids walking around in fancy dresses and cowboy boots. Gramma Brown was a hoot as she told the story of being the wedding hero for finding a sixpence for Ashley to wear in her shoe. We took her home and all of us were sleepy but not her. She was wide awake the whole ride telling us all about how she enjoyed the rehearsal dinner and bridesmaid luncheon and of course telling all about each person she met and whether she liked them or not. She was still full of life at 11pm as we dropped her at the front door of the Towers and she began to talk to everyone in the lobby and give them all the details of where she had been. I can't believe another birthday for her is coming so soon. What a treasure she is. And so are all of you!!! Much love, d

    ReplyDelete
  37. Unbelievable wedding story Denise, yet so believable with Grandma....so many stories for her now to share.

    Mom, I'm so glad you had a nice visit with Juls and Sher, sorry to hear that Juls was feeling badly, she called me along the way and I could tell she wasn't quite feeling good, I suggested some zinc and more, but I also think dropping off the boys was kinda tough for her too.

    Off to sleep and I hope you love those new down pillows from Sher..thank you again Sher, for picking them up and granting my wish that I wanted for mom's sweet comfort.

    Love you all and see you soon Mommy..............
    P.S. I promise a better roast beef next time and some maple french toast to boot.

    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for your wonderful comments, Denise...I feel as though I was there! Susan said you all looked wonderful; beautiful ladies and two handsome guys. I can imagine Grandma still going strong, but I'll bet she crashed today! Yes, she's amazing, but so are you all.
    Julie went back to the hotel because she isn't feeling all that perky. She'll be back in the morning.
    Time for me to crash, too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Goodnight Mommy, and all my soul sistas...hope Juls got home safely and is getting over her cold, sniffles & sore throat.

    I miss you all so much, feeling so "so south" down here...

    Sleep well everyone......especially mom.........
    I hope those jammies still don't seem too big, but only so soft.........

    Love, Elle
    Peace Out, Peach Out and Mary Poppins still there.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you,Ellen...yes, they are sooo soft! Even tho Julie did not sleep over, I felt we had some good time together. Mark and Syd popped in an out and we enjoyed them, too. I was fussing about my litle personal CD player not working - Mark looked at it, and went out and bought me a new one. Sweet?
    Julie that cassarole is delicious. I ate only a taste, and Daddy really liked it. Anyone else had Julie's chocolate cake? Unbelievable!
    We should have a couple of nice days here - I miss just being out walking around s bit.
    Have a good day, Sistas!

    ReplyDelete
  41. hey....at home now...noisy here, but i'm lonely...not sure why. i loved my visit with you mommy, i took a mental snapshot of you sitting in the sun with your feet up and your elvis cd in the player...very clear in my mind. feeling better today, but took the day off work - needed a mental day. did laundry, mopped the floors, took a nap. glad you liked the casserole, mom. we had it tonite...there was none left. hope your tummy is good today. i unpacked all the pretty things of yours we took home with us. As i put them away, i thought of times when they were used and what the occasion was...
    hope this post wasn't too sappy. love you all.
    night.

    ReplyDelete
  42. ok...on a lighter note :) picked zach and aaron up at the airport on the way home from savannah..they were in New Orleans on a school trip...they did some Katrina clean up...got to hear some cool jazz, ate benyays (don't know how to spell it) at Cafe du Mond...were let loose in the French Quarter and aaron came home with a very strange voodoo doll! they went on a voo doo tour and learned all about it. so, that was way cool. i let everyone sleep in this morning and they went to school an hour late :)
    k, night :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Goodnight my soul sistas...Lovely conversation with you tonight Mom and Daddy. Sleep well and peaceful...
    Juls, I came home with that exact same snapshot of mommy in her "sunspot" I wish I was still sittin' right there now..sun or moonlight....what a peaceful thought that we all would love to have one day for ourselves... and I'm glad that Mark got Mom a new CD player Mark...thank you. So sweet!
    Juls, your casserole sounded yummy...I want that recipe....oK?

    Juls, you, Mom and Daddy shared such cool trips together, what an amazing journey for you now to share with Aaron, Zach and Syd at that very same age!! Truly Amazing...get some rest, feel better soon.

    Love you & sleep well all!
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Goodnight everyone....sleep well my soul sistas...
    Mom, I hope you had a nice evening...what was for dinner? I can't wait to make my roast again and so much better this time!

    "Sweet dreams", peace out, peach out and Hialeah to my lovely family.

    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love hearing what everyone has been doing! Judy - sounds like you've had such lovely company! I hope you aren't too worn out - even if you get a little tired, how worth it to see and have all your little chickadees come to roost - even though for just such a short time! Mark is so eager to come and see you. His schedule is a bit non-traditional, to say the least, but he will move mountains to get down there!

    The wedding sounds lovely and I know everyone looked so beautiful! Certainly sounds like Gramma really enjoyed herself, and you're right, Denise, she will be talking about it for a long time to come!

    Love you all - glad everyone is chatting! Peach Out and Hialeah!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ah, sent the blog to work with me!!!! Yeah, now I can chat all day and not do ANY work at all..LOL
    Mom, I hope your day is starting off well. Wish I was there sittin' with ya, I'd take you for a nice ride to just about anywhere.

    I am still searching for that perfect place for my beautiful silver bell, I actually want to hang it somewhere permanently front and center, and every now and then turn the music on, doesn't matter if I here Jingle Bells in July! Thank you sweet mom. I love you.

    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hey, Sistas! Good to hear from you, Karen. I talked to Mark a bit this morning. Yes, it's been lovely having the girls here - I'm spoiled!
    Denise, I love that sweet card with notes from everyone AND the "Abide" card. I also received a note from Ali yesterday. Believe it or not, I'm going to have to pitch the flowers you all sent - can you imagine they have lasted so long?
    Elle, I'm sure you'll find a place for the little bell; you can wind it up and listen to "Silver Bells" any time you want to.
    I think the rain has ended....I was worried when Sherry told me tornados had touched down in Starke, FL, as that's where Pat & Mary live. They are fine - no damage to their property.
    Guess I'll call it a night...sleep well everyone and know that I love you all big time!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Big time back at you Mom....sleep well and yes, I will find that perfect place for "silver bells".....thank you for clarifying...tee hee..
    Love you bunches....
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Good Morning, my sistas! Hope everyone has a super day, no matter where are - as always, we will keep our hearts and minds open!

    Love to all - peace out!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  50. TGIF....what a long week, cold, rain, fog.....yikes, I'm ready for spring. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Karen, how about lunch next week? I'll call you. Judy, hope you're doing okay. You're always in my thoughts. Will see you sometime around the middle of February. El, I promise to call you tomorrow. I'm planning on shopping tomorrow to find a couple of chairs for the livingroom. Can't have a new couch and shabby chairs. Denise, hope all is going well with your family. I miss seeing all of you...let's plan something soon. Julie, glad you spent some time with your mom. I had the same thing you did, sore throat, stuffy nose, but at least neither of us got the flu. The important thing is you spent time together. I'll be so glad when January is over. Next year I'm vacationing somewhere warm the whole month. Anybody want to join me? I'm watching George Clooney's program for the people of Haiti. It's awesome, tune if you can. Sleep well all my friends. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  51. Refreshing news today mom.
    Check up with Dr. Burke confirms cancer is active but "steady"..my
    word. I know you get tired easily. Let's spend the time you have
    out and about during your "good days". We'll all pitch in with chores
    and such.
    Spring is around the corner. Lot's of sunshine! Taking a drive or just
    a bit of a walk here and there. The places you love to be.
    Fresh air!
    We love you so much. Let us love on you a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Sher and Mim and Juls, we all said it & we are all there...walks, drives, mom, you got it!!!

    Goodnight Mommy, loved so much talking to you at lunch today..chatted with Juls later and yes, we would love to come down.....do the hotel thingy, stay up late, and visit with you all day long......
    Lets set a date soon, just let me know.

    Off to sleep, pray for no snoring or I'm off to the guestroom with you mom! LOL
    Love to my soul sistas

    Elle :o) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Night my Soul Sistas........

    Peaccchhhy Out.......

    ReplyDelete
  53. Well, guess who was snoring last night??? :o( ME LOL......that's what I get for talking about Doug....

    Hope everyone else slept well.....

    Going out to pull up all of my dead impatients after our Big Freeze a couple of weeks ago..oh well.

    Sher, when Julie let's me know when she can go to mom's will you come up too? I would love it if we could all be together for that weekend, stay up late & go see mom and spoil her rotten?

    Have a nice Saturday all,
    Love out, Peace out, Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Nite mommy...
    I miss being there.
    You may find all your "churin's"...holed up in Savannah one weekend in
    the future.
    Just the sibs...:)
    We'll behave...maybe!
    Nite Elbel,nite Bules,nite Ken,nite Mark..........nite John Boy....

    ReplyDelete
  55. I just love this Blog! You girlies have to pick a weekend and let me know, OK?
    Mimi, did you have a succesful shopping trip? Buying new furniture is serious business! I'm looking forward to another visit...let me know when you have a date, too.
    Well, Sistas, I believe it's time for a little attitude adjustment. I've spend these past few weeks )since the December conference with Dr. Burke) reflecting, reaching out, re-living a lifetime, and just generally "cocooning." It has been a necessary period. After seeing the Doc yesterday, I believe we can get on with the business of living. Not that the prognosis has changed; with the cancer apparently slow-
    growing at this time,though, I can finally exhale!
    I'll be tuned in for warm weather and the first rays of sunshine, for sure. Already planning what needs to be done in the courtyard.
    Does this all make sense?
    Have a blessed Sunday - I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh, it does make sense mom...your courtyard, your flowers, the 'necessary period" with which you have spent with all of us, was so special for you and for all of us, to share our special moments, memories, hopes and desires for everyone. I pray that we have all learned the true meaning of "getting on with the business of living"; stopping to exhale, breathe and relax for just a moment, just for that day...

    We cherish you mom............
    more than just today, or last year, but for an entire full joy of life that you have created within each of us.

    God Bless my family..............

    P.S. Sweet dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams.
    P.S.S. No snoring allowed LOL

    ReplyDelete
  57. I agree - I think snoring should be banned all together!!! I sleep next to a rumbler every night! Sleeping with ear plugs has become my way of life - have to be careful to put them up in the a.m., though, because if they hit the floor, Angel eats them - she is so odd!!!

    I'm so glad, Judy, that your visit with Dr. Burke was relatively positive and I know you are ready to get out a little more once it warms up, which hopefully will be very soon - you couldn't live in a more picturesque place for taking a drive out and about. Are there some fun events coming up in any of the beautiful parks?

    Mimi - lunch sounds great - let me know which day is best for you - I pick up the kids Monday, Tuesday & Thursday this week, so Wed or Fri would probably work best - it will be nice to have something to look forward to.

    I may have to go to Cincinnati in the next week or so - my Uncle Ron is in the hospital and I might be able to help my Aunt Martha when he gets home from the hospital - we'll see how it shakes out.

    Love and peace to all my sistas!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  58. Dear Judy, What a great"TUDE" you have. You Should get on with living and let all of us live like we are dying(as the song goes). Enjoy each day and soak up all of our love and prayers.
    We are trying to treasure each day here with all of our busyness with kids going in so many directions and changing minute by minute(literally).Laundry is always piled up!:)
    Ali is bugging me about running in the Peachtree this year. She has a running class this semester and it has inspired her. I have begun to semi-train. Yikes!!! Laney has her first job. She starts next week. It is at a place called,"SWEET and SASSY". It is a store where little girls come for dress-up clothes and also to have birthday parties. She puts on their makeup and does their hair etc. Madie is finaly settling in to her new classes on Monday and I am enjoying having one day to myself.Sam will begin spring soccer practice in a few weeks and that cycle wil start up again. So I am with you Judy, thinking about the return of warmer weather and sunny skies. Love you all my sistas, d

    ReplyDelete
  59. Good night sweet ladies.......long day today at work, people pulling, asking and demanding, but nothing seems too long in today's perspective....I have nothing to complain about. I have so much love from you all, and to share with you as well.

    I hope you all had a nice day....kinda getting cooler down here again (which we love) but that must mean that you all north of us, are getting a last blast of some cooler weather before Spring, ....need it...

    Sleep well, no snoring for us all....(including me) :o(

    Love, Elle

    Night Mommie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love you to pieces........

    ReplyDelete
  60. Good morning, up and adam!? (Where did that expression come from anyway? :o)
    Mommy, I had a nice dream about you last night....a few of us were visiting you at some other condo, very colorful part we were in. You had a beautiful, long yellow gown on with a beaded jacket...and..you were barefoot! haha, (I remember leaving your house to run to my car and you were horrified that I didn't have my shoes on)haha..maybe that's why in my dream, YOU didn't have shoes on.....you bought Syd a pretty new dress too in this dream.....funny, arent they? Probably because I haven't talked to you in a couple of days.....I was missing you, and am missing you as I type this........ Can't wait to see you!

    I had some of your japenos last night. They were awesome!!!! Who were those wimps that said they were too hot? LOL...actually, I only had about 3/4 of one with some white sharp cheddar..oh my, delicioso!

    Well, hopefully today work will be calmer....had to just leave at lunch and go
    free my head and go back. Always works. What works too is that I get funny, quick emails from Sherry sometimes with dancing pictures....all for a needed laugh.

    Mom and all my soul sistas up there....have a nice, blessed, sunny day and know I love and miss you all.

    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Good morning sweeties.
    Mom I'm so happy to hear about "cocooning". I'm guilty of it. Got in a rut.
    The sun is shining today . I have work. Shelter.Food. Family. All to be so
    thankful for.
    Nell will be in next week..she always makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD!
    Ray moves into her own little apartment soon. She's excited. Then
    off to Amsterdam and Belgium late spring (for school!)
    Sometime in Feb..after gramas visit and before Dougs surgery the
    sibs.(that means Mark too..if I have to go get him;) will come in for a weekend...just" play all by ear"..who made that one up..and Adam!

    besos

    ReplyDelete
  62. So much news...aren't you all just wonderful!
    Karen, glad you're planning lunch with Mimi. Hope you don't have to make that trip to the still-frozen north. Running, Denise? Wow, more power to you. Delaney must be excited about her first real job; will this be weekends? Those little girls will all want to look just like her. Elle, I don't know how you can remember dreams in such detail. Wasn't that a weird one?
    Hmmm, was that after you ate the pickled pepper!
    By the way, I think that expression is "up and
    at 'em." But now we have Adam to add to our list.
    Today has not been a good day for me. Have been feeling pretty good, so I thought I could get away with eating a little chili yesterday. Wrong! Tummy spasms, etc again and will probably last thru tomorrow. I'll be back to myself by the end of the week, I'm sure.
    Isn't it exciting about Rachel going to Amsterdam?
    Well, I'm for bed and, hopefully, a decent night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Mom, up and at 'em actually makes more sense now...funny, how when we hear it on a morning news station, it sounds the wrong way...you are so right.

    btw...no, the jalepeno's didn't cause my fun dream, unfortunately and fortunately, it comes from my own silly brain and enjoyment of hot spices..LOL....

    Mom, I'm sorry you didn't feel as well as you wanted today....when I called you this morning while you were trimming your house plants, I thought you sounded a little tired...however, just answering the phone "hello little one" made my entire day..."sunshine" back at me...

    I hope tomorrow is a restful, and more peaceful one Mom. I will call and chat.

    Funny, tonight I thought I would polish up my silent butler you gave me years ago to compliment my "SilverBell" as well. I went online to find out more about the crest on the butler....turns out it comes from Italy with the crest of a Deer and Unicorn on top. I think it is English..? I love it so much and display it proudly on my cofee table with my collection of crystal and wedgewood table lighters...even tho smoking was "ok" back in the day, the accruements are still so beautiful to look at and enjoy now..thank you Mommy...

    Well, off to sleep all...

    Love hearing how everyone is doing.....

    Love and kisses XOXOXOXOXO

    And, now my new expression Up and Adam, rather than Up and at 'em ( I stand corrected again)....should replace Hialeah..I hope...LOL

    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  64. I guess Moms never stop "correcting!" btw, Sistas, as I get rid of stuff lurking in the dark corners of my cabinets, here's a thought: I have one of those inexpensive punch bowls (plastic ladle), probably a dozen glass snack plates, and lots of punch cups.If anyone wants any or all, let me know, and it will be here for you to haul away.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Ellen and Judy, I love the thing about up and at 'em versus up and adam. It made me laugh out loud. Judy, sorry you're feeling puny today. Personally, I can hardly eat chili anymore...big heartburn. Denise, I'm sure Laney is excited about her job. I agree with Judy, all the girls will want to look like her. I e-mailed Karen today about having lunch on Friday, hope we can work it out. I'll call tomorrow. They're talking a mixture of snow and rain Friday through Saturday morning, hopefully it will stay north of us. Hurry up Spring. Never did get out to shop for furniture, maybe this weekend. Not much news here, hope you're all staying positive and loving on your families. Up and adam, hialeah and all that stuff (love you El)

    ReplyDelete
  66. UP AND ADAM!! hahahah.......hey, if I can't laugh at myself....who else can I laugh at......well, ok, I can think of a few.....:o)

    I pray that your day has started off well Mommy, and that the sun is shining in your beautiful house, as well as all of my sistas day!!

    Karen, let me know if Mark is making plans so that I can assist with his hotel. I also hope your uncle is doing well.

    Love you all so much...

    Hialeah, :o) Elle

    ReplyDelete
  67. Goodnight Sweet Soul Sistas........hope you are all well...

    Mommy, "what was for dinner", whatever you had I hope you enjoyed it, bet it was wonderful...talk to you in the morning when the sun is shining!

    Off to work some more on my long, overdue mosaic project before turning in.

    Loved chatting tonight Sher, and at lunch Juls.....my beautiful sistas.

    Peace Out, Peach Out and Hialeah too!
    Love, Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  68. Good Morning, my Peachy Sistas! Hope everyone has a good day. We should have this one more day without rain...yay!
    We are looking forward to seeing Grandma, Susan, and John next weekend. Meantime, hope Alphonso can get the front cleaned up nice and tidy, and Merry Maids will work their magic on Thursday.
    Clean house and yard keep me from being so frustrated!
    Later, y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hmmm....just the name "Alphonso" makes it not even matter how good a job he can do....hahaah (kidding) I'm glad he is taking care of your courtyard mom....I'm sure it will look just beautiful for when Grandma, Susan and John get there.

    Sher said she was going to come up this Sunday? Wish I lived that close...:o(

    I hope everyone's day is going nicely......better get back to work........earning a pirates wage is just so exciting don't you think? Kidding again...(nope)

    Hialeah, Ellen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Elle, hope the cookies are wonderful! I really am going to pay a little more attention to the fresh fish now on the market. Yes, today was nice - hopefully, we'll get to the Fresh Market tomorrow - depends on the weather. No real news, other than a nice little visit from Gwen, my Hospice nurse.
    So, Nitey Night all, and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  71. hi sistas and mommmy...well, it's almost 9...just sat down for the first time today :) fun catching up with everyone's comments. getting over some sickness here....aaron missed two days of school - some mystery virus. Mark's got a cold and i still haven't gotten rid of mine...

    let Zach drive home from school for the first time yesterday...have no fingernails left..he did a great job...just very nerve-racking! it's not a bad drive...down roswell rd to riverside, but still...yikes.

    sydney's gearing up for a performance sunday night at a benefit dinner at her school...she's learned lots of songs and dance moves. :)

    boys had great performances last weekend in little 5 points...very fun. aaron will be performing in two songs in an upcoming Rolling Stones show...he's playing the sax!

    i agree with mommy and i finally felt like i could exale too....with her news from dr. b. The last two months have been kind of a blur.

    looking forward to a savannah trip with my sissy's and bro's :)
    nitee nite nite

    ReplyDelete
  72. nitee nite nite too ..all of my soul sistas....so lovely this blog is...........sleep well mom, "sweet dreams"......

    Hialeah, peace out, and peach out,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  73. well, after talking to mommy this am, i feel i must clear up something on my last post :) ssron is not actually playing with the rolling stones...his music school is doing a "rolling stones" show. but, hey...you never know!!!!

    have a great day all my sistas....

    ReplyDelete
  74. hmmm...Aaron playing with Mick J.....not totally out of the question..only that A might totally outlast the ole' Mr.J.
    Mom, loved talking to you tonight, I'm so glad Sher came up for a while....so nice.........

    Sleep well, and us sibs will definately start planning our trip up mid February. We can't wait, just to visit with you, laugh and be our funny, silly selves that we so enjoy when we are all together. Once we know a date, please let us know what we can bring to cook, eat and just share in our warm visit with each other.

    Hope your feet are up on that comfy couch...your lovely lamps lighting up that living cozy room....know we are all thinking of you and Daddy tonight.

    Love, Elle
    "Sweet Dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  75. ok, meant "cozy living room"....doesn't it all mean the same tho? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  76. New Post tomorrow...hard to believe January has ended! 'Night, all, with hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  77. If anybody catches this late posting..:)
    Mom and Daddy ..so good to see you today. Visit was just too short.
    Daddy I know you'll feel better with eyes and ears feeling better...
    new glasses and help for hearing.
    Looking forward to February. Gramma's b'day and Jules..you too!
    Just so happens it's on Valentine's Day...sweetest!
    Well I've seen my fave's on the Grammy's. Beyonce' and a stunning
    performance from Pink!
    So off to bed soon..
    I love you all as January comes to close...

    ReplyDelete