Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 2, 2009

How odd it seems to type "December!" I think I'm looking forward to a new,better year - all things are possible, right? Sherry sent me this wonderful old Thanksgiving picture; we'll enjoy it until I get some new pics. Today is my last treatment in this round. I'm sure the CT scan will follow soon, and we'll know where I stand. I will insist on some time out, regardless of the outcome! I need to regroup, gaining both weight and energy. I'm very tired (chemo fatigue), and tired of every day being the same old, same old. We need a little sparkle here! We'll all have great holidays,along with a couple of birthdays this month.

49 comments:

  1. Ah, Love, Love the picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Juls, where DID you get all that Hair!!!!!!! seems like just yesterday we were all there.

    Mom, you are doing so well and we just keep you in great prayers! You and Doug BOTH are due for your CT's, I have to push him, why are men like that? Truly just know, God is working beautiful things in our families lives, for everyone.

    Have a peaceful, Sparkly kinda day....
    Love, Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, glad to hear that you made it through another round of crappo. I know the CT's will be clean and we can get you plumped up for the holidays. Love you!
    Kenny
    ps. Ben has nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace and joy in December everyone...even Ben Gandy.

    Love,
    Anthony Bourdain

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, so silly Sher...Anthony Bourdain...wouldn't you love to have a job like that??? Go for it!!! You would do great! Although he smokes way too much! LOL

    Mom, hope you did well too today.... I just imagine that you did.

    This was a little poem I found when I thought about how to keep the "sparkle" going:

    "Super Mom"

    Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
    So gentle, yet so strong.
    The many ways you show you care
    Always make us feel we belong.

    You're patient when we're foolish;
    You give guidance when we ask;
    It seems you can do most anything;
    You're the master of every task.

    You're a dependable source of comfort;
    You're our cushion when we fall.
    You help in times of trouble;
    You support us whenever we call.

    We love you more than you know;
    You have our total respect.
    If we had my choice of mothers,
    You'd be the one we'd select!

    Love to all my sistas,
    Sleep well, peace out, peach out, Hialeah, and sparkles to all!
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are soooooo special! Nice to hear from Ken and Ben again. Love your sparkles, Ellen, and Hialeah that we have each other!
    Sherry,sorry I have to ask, who is Anthony Bourdain?
    Today went well, nice consult with Dr. Burke. CAT scan will be sometime next week, and we will meet with Doc again on Dec 16.
    Peach out and nitey nite, all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! Anthony is my male alter ego. he lives in the television box on
    the Travel Channel And Ellen...he's trying to quit smoking. Nell took me to
    his flagship restaurant in NYC just so I could eat food he may have touched. he so fine! Okay anyway....where is the rain we were going to get?
    Have supercalifragilisticexpealidocious day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sher - I've been to his restaurant several times, too - pretty basic food done really well! Judy - you might have heard of his book as well - Kitchen Confidential - it was on the best seller list for over a year.

    Glad you are done with your treatment and absoulutely you need a break! You are such a trooper and have stayed so positive through all the unpleasantness (to put it mildly!) We are praying for the good CT Scan results that will allow you to get on with your life and enjoy the holidays. Hopefully you will feel up to an Atlanta visit, but if not, we will definitely come to you! We are all so blessed and what a perfect time to give thanks for all our blessings - big and small - we'll take 'em all!

    Elle - keep encouraging Doug to get his tests done - nothing good comes of the procrastinating - don't I know?!!! Love the poem!

    Love and peaches!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, thank goodness, Doug made his appt. with his oncologist.....I kept nudging and nudging without having to back away, so next Friday he will see the doc and his rx for the Cat...many and any prayers welcomed.

    Mom, we would also love to come up Christmas or near there, perhaps Karen & Co. might do the same??? hint, hint. Just let us mom ok?

    As for Sher's sign-off? Love, love it....can we all say that three times?

    supercalifragilisticexpealidocious !

    Love, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. First typo in a while..."just let us "know" mom"

    Peace out, Peach Out, etc. etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning to one and all from a very chilly Sugar Hill!! Someone started a nasty rumor that there could be an ice storm on Saturday - yikes! We need firewood!!!

    TGIF my soul sistas!!!!

    Love, peace & joy!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Judy, You are in my heart and prayers this morning. I know you have some very important results coming up and I wanted to give you the most "positive" thoughts I know ....God's very words:"Let not your heart be troubled,neither let it be afraid. If you trust God,trust also in me.(Jesus speaking)John14:1 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding,in all your ways aknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs3:5-6 I love you very much and pray that you can rest in God's love until you recieve this next report. May you trust that God is in control and believe that He will take care of everything as you trust Him with your whole heart. I am also praying for your complete healing and believing the scripture,"Whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sistas. It's cold here! I love your messages of hope; your card is so dear, Ellen.
    Yes, the scan is Wednesday,and we see Dr. Burke the following Wednesday. You know, Denise, I've learned to put myself in God's hands and to pray for His healing. To me, that healing includes mind and spirit, as well the physical body. Yes, God is in control and He will take care of everything. It may not be entirely to our liking, but we must accept whatever "verdict" we are handed.
    I have some great pics from Julie, and will post one soon.
    Going online now to find some very small sweats!
    Seems this scrawny body is always cold!
    Love you guys, and hope everyone has a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Denise, that was an awesome entry, I will keep it for me and Doug in the next few weeks as well.

    Hope everyone had a wonderful, optimistic and welcoming Friday....the weekend is here.

    We decided not to put up our big tree again from Alpharetta....(9 ft.) we have no room! but rather, will donate it to our local VA hospital....we will just find a little 5 ft one, decorate our outside palm trees here and there, and celebrate like we couldn't last year. Wow, do we sound like whooville or something?

    Sleep well my soul sistas......

    Mom, I hope you're doing just supercalifragilisticexpealidocious, and remember..If you say it loud enough
    You'll always sound precocious,
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
    Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
    Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay.....
    Take it....famileee.

    Sher, YOU started it....hahaha

    Love, Elle :8)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mom, I just read your post, which again, probably posted while I was typing away down here.

    Glad you got my card, loved it myself, to me it just landed in my hands and I thought of you, my awesome mom...and I too believe that our healing involves mind and spirit...if we can just 'shut out' our mind sometimes, we can actually 'hear' our heart.

    Hey, not to sound wierd because probably Julie can relate to this ( I could a few years ago
    :o() but try Target's children's section for small sweats (size 14?) no embarassment, just enjoy being small, you will be well and the same size to boot soon!

    Sleep well,
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea about the sweats, Elle! I'll probably go to Target first of the week. Loved your cute post - I could hear the song in my head. This has been one of those good days; as I told Julie, I eat too much and work too hard when I feel good! Soon to bed, my Sistas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, glad you ate well, and worked hard Mom, it's so good for the soul isn't it?
    I look at Doug who to this day last year, was in the hospital......
    today, he entirely cleaned, grouted and polished our shower....now, he's drinking a hot tea, had a hot bath and ready for bed.....God bless our families continued healing......

    Good night my sweet soul sistas, Ben Gandy and Mary Poppins..........

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, where are all of our Soul Sistas?
    Hope everyone is well today.....?
    Doug and I will try to turn in earlier, we just can't get to bed earlier than 11:00 p.m..........too little sleeeeeep getting up at 5:00 a.m.
    Managed to put up my outside white lights on 4 palm trees yesterday...thank goodness for "Elations" my new best friend when it comes to Cousamine and Congroitin (however you spell it)It works wonders and I'll enjoy it as long as no surgery needed right now!!!
    Sher, would've loved to have you here this weekend, but totally understand a trip to Atlanta. Perhaps we will meet up soon. Have fun and know that you can always take a raincheck at the D'Orsi Retreat and Spa!!! LOL

    Juls, thanks for the sweet text last night, hope all is well with your awesome clan.....

    And, to Karen and Mark............

    Just miss my family all the time.

    Love, Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok...zzzzzzzzzzzz...no one in sight for the last two nights...kinda feelin' lonely here so south
    out of sight.

    Hope you are all well, can't imagine where you are.....

    Please let me know that you are all alright...

    XOXOXO,
    Elle :o(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not to worry, Elle...we're all here for each other even when we don't sign on. Lately, I've been so tired in the evening, I just want to get under my warm blankie and sleep! And that's exactly what I'm going to do now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey guys....what a nasty night here in atl. cold and rain. yuck. had to go out tho...sydney's first piano recital - she played Ode to Joy...pretty complicated piece!! recital was at the Steinway Piano Gallery - she got to play on a brand new 90,000 grand piano...ahhh, someday. :)

    miss you to bellie!!! wish you cold be here :( sher is comin up this w.end and think the KT's and the MT's might come over for dinner...:)

    hope today was a good day for everyone...escpecially mommy.

    love you
    juls

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sleep well Mom, a warm blankie always sounds nice...even if down here I have to sneak and turn the a.c. to 71...there's just something about warmth..lately, I sleep with a hot water bottle...ooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaah.

    Talk to you in the morning....
    sleep well, sweet dreams.
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, just saw your post Boolie, how awesome for Syd..."Ode to Joy" definately not an easy piece.....so proud...bring that 90,000 puppy home!!! LOL
    Sooo glad Sher's comin' up, wish you all were down here, I can hear the laughs and typical family sarcasm that makes us laugh even harder, no chocolate milk "out the nose" laughing tho,hahaha!...enjoy and just come down this was when you can........bring mom along the way...
    Love Bellie!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)
    Tell Syd that Uncle Miltie and Aunt Ellie are proud of her, k?

    ReplyDelete
  23. All present and accounted for here! Just rolling with the day-to-day. Couldn't sleep much last night, I've been up since 3:30 - got my e-mailing done, balanced the checkbook, watched the news, wrote a couple of thank you notes, and top coated my nails! Is it lunch time yet?! :)

    Hey Juls! What's the plan for Friday night? We're in - me and Christopher for sure, and Mark if he's not working, but I'm happy to bring something - just point me in the right direction.

    Judy - I believe we are sending our rain your way - another soaker all night! Keep warm and dry - I've seen a bunch of micro fleece blankets out lately - sure look warm & cozy!

    Love and peaches to all!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning Kar,
    Would you please come down here and balance my check-book, watch the news for me, write all of my Christmas cards and then............topcoat MY nails too????!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... :o)
    I hope you're all staying warm and "fleecy" up there. It is strange that we are in a record high (80's) and the rest of the country is facing winter blizzards......what'zzz up with thatttttttt? I've even got mini oranges growing!

    Well, have a blessed day all!!!!!!
    Mommy, stay snuggly warm!!! OH!!!! almost forgot, Doug and love, love your Christmas card, it's fabulous and the first one we got, sooo special as are all of your handmade ones.....Thank you.
    Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good evening all. Sorry I haven't been blogging. Lots of decorating and running around. Got my tree up on Saturday Sounds like everbody is keeping on keeping on. Judy, hope your doctor visit goes well this week. Did you find the sweats you were looking for? I, too, love the homemade card I received from you. One of these years, I'm going to attempt it. It's 66 right now, 30 something yesterday and pouring down rain as Karen mentioned. I never want to hear the word drought again in my lifetime. We've had 20" above normal rainfall for this year, most since 1956. El, hope Doug gets a good report on Friday.....I'm sure he will, but I know you still worry. Why are you sleeping with a hot water bottle, to keep warm or for your hip. I sometimes go to bed with a heating pad myself, just helps me get settled down. We had a Christmas snack day today, and oh my, I ate way too much stuff. Next Friday is our Christmas party at the Marriott Courtyard on Pleasant Hill. I'm very surprised they're still having it. The recession doesn't seem to have hurt our company at all. I guess if you've got enough money, it doesn't matter. Judy, I'm still planning on visiting during the week after Christmas if you're up to it. I hope Karen can still come with me. Karen? Well, need to fix a drink and get my clothes changed into as Maxine says "her soft clothes". Keep us up to date on what's happening this week. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello ya'll! Sorry I haven't stopped in to chat lately but by the time I get still my brain is all mushy and I can't put two words together. I have been decorating and preparing for a Moms In Touch brunch tomorrow morning. It's a tradition and it is always so much fun. I give my "word" for the coming year. I will be posting it on my blog after the party. It's not a common word,but it's a good one. Hope all are well. denise

    ReplyDelete
  27. Let's see...Elle, of course we're praying for a good scan for Doug. When will you know the results? Waiting is so nerve-racking.
    Isn't Syd just wonderful? She may not have been impressed with that piano, but I am!Glad you all are getting together with Sherry at Julie's house. Karen, you need to make SURE Mark is part of that dialog...tell him I said so!
    Mimi, sounds like life is rocking along; that recipe e-mail you sent me is unbelieveable! I'm glad you're still planning on coming to Savannah. I've been pretty vague about visits, etc - just need to get the 16th behind us.
    Let us know how the brunch goes, Denise. Your word for this year was "comfort," right? I enjoy browsing in that book you brought - great personal stories.
    I need to finish my shopping, including some store-bought cards. Thanks, Sistas, for the card compliments!
    My house is clean again! MM sent 1 cleaning lady instead of the usual 2, so she was here all afternoon. She is the most meticulous cleaner - just doesn't miss a speck!
    Now to beddie; we're getting the cold front tonight...brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I will do my very best to get Mark there. I'm selling it as a low-key gathering, and unless he's working, he will be there. We will try to get some good photos so there will be a ready supply for the blog.

    We love our "made especially for us" card to - sorry for not saying so sooner.

    Mimi - I am still planning to come with you - I have it on my calendar - right now, I don't foresee anything that will conflict and I could use a few days away! I'm looking forward to seeing all the pretty decorations on River Street and City Market, although it will be after Christmas. Judy - I hope you found what you needed in the kids dept! :) Please let us know if there is anything we can bring from here.

    De - I can't wait to hear what your word for the year is! Did you get your computer back? It must be bionical by now!

    Praying for Doug's good results on Friday - please let us know when you think the results will be in - I agree, waiting is so hard.

    Peace, love & kisses to all!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Morning, my soul sistas! So glad it's Friday - looking forward to seeing everyone tonight at M & J's - Christopher is looking forward to spending time with the boys.

    Send prayers to WPB for Doug to have good results and a short waiting period to find out!

    It's going to be pretty cold this weekend - will do some baking today and share with my neighbors and fam tonight!

    Peach out!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning too, Sistas,
    I hope everyone slept well and will have a great Friday. Mom, did you find some comfy sweats at Tar-get'? Love, youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :o)

    Actually, Kar, Doug will just get his bloodwork done today and get his rx for his CT....why everything has to be a "process" who knows....but thanks for the prayers and well wishes.
    Also, good prayers for a safe trip for Sher to Atlanta and a blessed gathering for all family up there.

    Kar, if Mom gives the "go" for you and Mim to come to her house, then I want to come tooooo for at least a couple of days or something, so let me know all.

    Last line in today's God Calling....."Your simple daily tasks done in My strength and Love will bring the conciousness of all your highest hopes. Expect great things. Expect great things".

    Peace out,
    Love, Elle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I still have not been to Target, and my list keeps getting longer! Maybe tomorrow if it is not raining. Guess the sibs are going some big-time talking this evening; not exactly a social gathering! I'm sure Elle, Mimi and I will hear all about it. I'll let you all know about Christmas, OK? Everyone stay warm and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eveing Mom, I'm also too not sure about tonight's gatherin at Mark and Julie's...I only hope that I'm suppose to be there? Is there something that Sherry was to tell us or just should they all just enjoy being together..please know I am there as well?

    This gathering kinda worried me all day today with you and Doug......Doug had his bloodwork which turned out good...although he gained too much weight over the past year (26 lbs), working on that now; walking, diet, cylying...he will have his CT on Jan 6, followed by his hernia surgery......

    I'm a bit exhausted if you don't mind me saying so...so many people, family and so, that my prayers need to comfort me, just to sleep and not worry.

    Sleep well Mom, get a restful night...think of all who think of you this peaceful night...

    Love, Elle
    "Sweet Dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  33. Don't feel left out, Elle. You know, Sherry has been part of this Journey from the very beginning.She's been in on the chemo, my ups and downs, etc, and I believe she wants to share her thoughts with y'all, Someone has to bring up the 'WHAT IF?' After Wednesday, we'll know if that 600-pound gorilla is sitting in my living room, and what we're going to do about him!!
    And, yes...I love thinking about all who are thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Morning all,
    It was good to have everyone together. El you were here too.
    We talked about growing up on Oconee. The good.bad,and ugly.
    But mostly that is was all in the past.Each of us has to make our
    own peace.Not only with our childhood but with the coming events..
    the 600 pound gorilla in mom's living room. We want him to go away.
    Whatever comes after Wednesday...he needs to go.
    Cold here in Atlanta..but I like it!
    Remember Morgan Falls? They cleared all the land where the "hippie"
    houses were...gotta go see the new park they built:)

    peace today..

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good night Mommy, and sibs, travel well, sleep well.............. let's all chat in the morning......can't wait.

    Love,Elle
    Peace Out, Peach Out, Hialeah, Mary Poppins, Ben Gandy and whoever else wants to say Good night. :o)

    P.S. Happy Hanukkah Boolie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I agree with all of the above, Elle! Falling asleep here, so better be off to beddie.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I will just check in to say hi to everyone before the busy week begins. It was so good to have so many of Thomas\Itzkovitz clan under the same roof. Ellen,Doug,Judy and rest, you were all missed. Have had a nice visit with Sherry just hanging out doing nothing.
    Judy,Kenny gave me your message about how you would like us to pray for you. I know He has answered one of my prayers because you are at peace no matter what the report will be on WEd. I believe peace and hope can exist side by side so I will pray that you have hope for the best. Much love to you and Bill. Much strength to you both. Love ya, denise

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow, my bro's and sistas are my best friends.
    nice get together...liked seeing the guys (a, z and chris) together. i miss my elle alot.
    hope your tummy is not mad at your tomorrow, mommy, for eating all that yummy food.
    3rd night of hanukkah - 4 candles burning...gave Ken and Denise a lesson on friday night...ok, why are there 4 candles burning??
    night-night.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Good morning sweet family,
    I'm hoping everyone is doing well and slept well. Kar, I hope you haven't been up for the past 4 hours again? If so, no, it's not lunch time yet :o)

    Julie, you're soooo sweet, miss you so much too.
    I have to say that I awoke this a.m. feeling quite a bit blue, I have no right to, and feel quite selfish compared to eveything that you, Mom, have had to struggled so much with. You are in my heart and prayers every single day as well as Doug.

    I get on this blog in the morning, read and "hear" from everyone and it just starts my day off sooo much better. I am so blessed with all of you!

    Boolie, is Google considered cheating :o)

    "An extra light called a shamash (Hebrew: "guard" or "servant") is also lit each night for the purpose of lighting the others, and is given a distinct location, usually above or below the rest. The "shamash" symbolically supplies light that may be used for some secular purpose"

    Good morning again, to all my sweet sistas,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  40. Good info, Elle - Google is not cheating! I thought of what an amazing year this has been for you and Doug, how far you've come (+26 pounds!!). Prayer does work wonders!
    Sweet note, Denise, speaking of prayer. Yes, strength and courage are part of my daily prayer, too. When you think about it, I've been a survivor for a whole year...take that, you 600-pound gorilla!
    I could just picture y'all at Julie's house. What a great idea. Yes, some stuff must always be thrown away in order to make room for new, whether in our clothes closets or the closets of our minds.
    Better get busy, now...love you, Sistas!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I tried to post last night, but it floated off into cyber space. Nothing profound to say - just wishing peace, love & joy to our very special family!

    Be well and have a great day!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy Birthday Sherry, Berry!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your day is fun and sunny, and that you are surrounded by folks who make you laugh so hard you snort!!!hahaha :o), :o), :o), :o), :o),:o<).
    Love, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow..don't think I've driven in solid rain..in the dark..for a while.
    Got home around 10:30. Sharpened my senses tho! I had a great
    time with my sibs...Karen please tell Mark how handsome he is!!!
    I have the most incredible brothers anyone could ask for.
    I'll try and post pics on Easy Share for all to see. Ken and Denise
    ...beautiful home and Sam!!! My goodness!
    Off to work and then to visit with mom,Susan,Daddy,Dr. Burke
    tomorrow.
    I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  44. saw gramma today...sounds like she got a gorgeous outfit to wear to "the wedding"....she didn't have it...was being altered. ever notice when she laughs, her eyes actually twinkle??? i have to admit sher is right...i do have some very awesome brothers :)
    take care all and mommy...we'll talk tomorrow
    love you all more than lots.
    Juls

    ReplyDelete
  45. I feel silly saying, "Well, this is the big day!" but what else can we say?! Love you so much, Judy, and we will be with you in spirit and in prayer - our faith will draw us all together and we will be as one. I can't say that we are all to a place of acceptance, whatever the outcome, but I know sharing our feelings and memories helped us all remember our strong family bond - what an awesome group to be a part of!!!

    Love the pics, Sher - the picture of Mark & Kenny would have been better if Mark's eyes had been open - Christopher is going through a phase where he thinks he has to put on a "tough guy" face in pictures, so take that for what it's worth - glad you got home safely! Elle - the festive photos of your home are both traditional and non-traditional at the same time - what fun!!!

    Love and peace - hugs and kisses!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  46. Juls - you and I were posting at about the same time, and yes, I've noticed the twinkle - she is one of the wittiest and funniest people I know, of any age and I wouldn't have it any other way!

    Peach out!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  47. A little prayer I have kept on Doug's desk:
    "God our Father walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses; and please watch over and heal my family, in Jesus' name..Amen....

    Sleep well my soul sistas...........great strength and faith in perhaps some great news tomorrow.......let's claim it, it's ours to do so.

    Sweet dreams,
    Love Elle

    P.S. Happy Birthday again Sher............love you!

    ReplyDelete