November 1, 2009
Hellooo, November! Cooler weather, maybe, and some birthdays: Julia's is today, then Delaney and Ali, and Cleo. Before you know it, Thanksgiving will be here. I'm hoping to make a trip to Atlanta around the second weekend in December...more later. Looking forward to a visit from Mimi and Karen between Christmas and New Year's! Everyone stay safe and healthy this month; no flu, please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy fall!
ReplyDeleteStay warm and well all.
Yep...looking forward to
trip to ATL with mom...
Let's all keep that sweet plan in prayer:)
Happy Sunday sistas! Sherry I love your messages because they are written like poetry. It has been fun to teach literature again. Madie is such a creative writer I am enjoying giving her assignments and reading her quick responses. Such deep thoughs coming from such a young mind.
ReplyDeleteI guess fall is really here because Kenny went up to the very full,beautiful lake and got our boat ready to be winterized and stored. Love the colorful leaves in your pic. Is that near your house? Ellen, I hope you had a wonderful time in the mountains. Missed seeing you. No flu here but Laney is getting a little cold. We will give her lots of theraflu with honey and lemon and flush it out. Hope you all stay well! d
Good morning Sistas! Happy Full Fall and November!!
ReplyDeleteEveryone sounds so great here....maybe Fall is as much as a "renewal" as Spring is. I love that you are feeling better and EATING mom, what answered prayers we can all be thankful for.
My trip........woooooohaaa. it was just as expected plus more. My friend Peggy Steen was adorable, her full white hair surprised me as she just let it go that way last year...says she's "still on the fence" with that decision. Saw some other great friends including Mimi and Julie Weiss, and yes, Kar on Wednesday. That evening finished with a wonderful stay at the Sugar Hill Thomas', how comfy and welcoming as always. Great muffins Kar, we enjoyed them sooo much. That was a very sweet thing to do!! P.S. Please tell Angel I still love her!!! :o) Headed off to the cabin on Thursday...the leaves were at their peak, oh my......nice chilly jacquzzi evenings, celebrated Christmas with dinner, decorated a little tree and exchanged gifts. I will say however, my sweetest gifts were to be able to see my family including a quick visit with Julie and Grandma....My, where does the time go???? It goes so fast so it's a bit "bittersweet" but I was welcomed home so sweetly by Dougie.........my treasure.
Now, work today?????????????????? Oh my..........
better head off to the shower, get pressed and starched as mom would say..
I love you all and can't wait for the next opportunity to see any of you!!! Oh, btw Mom, if it is indeed a good time to visit when Karen and Mimi so, perhaps Doug and I will drive up as well. Julie and I were discussing that yesterday and perhaps they could come too? Do I smell a beautiful holiday brewing??? :o)
P.S. Love the picture Sher!!!
Love you all!
Elle :o)
November 2, 2009 3:35 AM
Ok, my soul sistas...off to sleep to catch up on long lost Sleep. So, either I didn't scare you enough with my email or..........you are used to that picture! hahahaa.....
ReplyDeleteLove and sweeeeeeeeeet dreams....
Elle :o)
Interesting...I posted a comment last night, and it disappeared overnight!? I wanted to tell Elle I'm just delighted that her trip went so well, and loved her great costume! Denise, seems that the home schooling is definietely meeting yours and Madie's excpectations. As you mention her creative writing skills, I'm reminded of the joy I felt while working as a Tutor in the Writing Center at Armstrong.
ReplyDeleteSherry took this lovely picture while on a visit to Nell & Joel.
Took a while, but I finally discovered the pleasure of Ranch dressing on my baked potato! Adds 150 calories, which I need!!
Elle, of course come up along with Mim and Karen; Sherry, too.
OK, now to bed. "night, all you wonderful Sistas.
Funny (and a bit scary) how things just seem to float off into cyberspace!
ReplyDeleteElle - I tried to send you back a response on your halloween costume picture, but it was bounced back for some reason. My comment was if I didn't know that was you, I wouldn't know it was you!!! Glad you guys had fun and I'm so happy the leaves were at their peak - I was really afraid with all the rain, that so many of the leaves were just pounded off the trees and there wouldn't be any left to change color. As I am not the horticulturist of the family (a gross understatement!), I'm glad to have been wrong!
Judy - if you haven't tried the muffins by the time I see you, I'll bring you some - great fall flavors - the orange, cranberry and pumpkin go so good together - all the flavors seem to enhance all the other flavors - one bite and you'll be hooked! It is a Cooking Light recipe, which is good for the rest of us, but maybe not fattening enough for you (I can't even IMAGINE!!!!), so you'll just have to have a couple!
Love and peace to all!
Karen
Ok Karen... you have made my mouth water... so give me the recipe for the muffins. I made homemade mac and cheese tonight for laney and madie. I hope laney can eat it as it looks like she has the dreaded flu. She has missed the last 2 days of school. So far, nothing to severe just a fever first day and cough and body aches.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, I hope Laney does not have the H1N1 flu. Not good for the (almost) birthday girl. btw, I sent Ali's card to her address, thinking she would be at school until the weekend.
ReplyDeleteKaren, do bring some muffins; I'll try yours before trying them myself.Speaking of sweets, I made banana pudding this afternoon, somthing that always tastes good.
Today was dentist day; not my favorite thing to do while my mouth & guns are so sensitive. It's a side effect from the Doxil...not permanent. I came away with my litle goody bag, just as the kids do!
Everybody take special care now, y'all hear me!
Yes, Miss Paula....:o) she always says...."y'all".
ReplyDeleteMom, you will love those muffins.....Karen made little bites too so they were too easy to just pop in your mouth! I'm not even a muffin person, but those were great!!!!!
All of this comfort food; homemade mac and cheese, bananna puddin'...mmmmmm...makes me BIG just reading about it.
Mom, I do think Doug and I will come up the weekend Karen and Mimi do. (Are yall still planning on going Kar/Mim?) I know you are planning a trip to Atlanta and sure wish we could make that trek :o(, but this is when we realize how far, deep south we are down here....at least 2 days of driving on each end that we don't have away from work....so, we will just have to celebrate the holidays several times....oh darn! hahahaa
Well, my crazy job is just that, "crazy".....still not what I thought it would be, and no I am definatly not the lazy type, quite the other extreme, however, this is a job of three people downsized to 1 person. I hit the floor running at 9:00, up and down, etc. until I leave at 5:00 with only a 30 min lunch...what the heck do you do in just 30 mins???? Oy! I came home almost in tears with my leg hurting. Funny, how you were right mom, my trip went fairly smoothly...perhaps no stress? I continue my physical therapy tonight...more stretching...I think it's finally time for a chiropractor's opinion.....too many folks have suggested that.
Y'all have a wonderful day now, ya hear? And, sweet prayers for Delaney's recovery soon!!!
Love, Elle
hmmm....first one to write this a.m. and so far, last one to write tonight...actually, because we are heading to bed early.. We are trying to make it earlier each night as getting up at 5:45 is catching up with us.
ReplyDeleteI pray everyone including Delaney had a good day...Sleep well....talk soon.
Love Elle
Peace Out...
Hey, everybody. Elle, Grandma loved seeing you Sunday, even though it had to be such a short visit. Your job sounds almost too hectic...almost to the point of being over-
ReplyDeletewhelming. No job is worth your health!
Denise, hope Laney is feeling better. I thought about your homemade mac & cheese - that's something I just can't do for only the two of us. Last time I made it, I used a can of Cheddar Cheese soup, and that was yummy.
Off for blood work in the morning followed by part one of treatment #5 on Friday. Moving right along here, guys!
Now I'm moving right along to bed! Take care sweet Sistas.
Nite, nite, my Soul Sistas. Sounds like everyone is gearing up for the holidays - I love Thanksgiving - we truly do have so much to be thankful for!
ReplyDeleteLove and peace to all!
Karen
Good am SS's,
ReplyDeleteLaney went back to school yesterday because she did not have a fever and she was feeling better but she is back home again today. I was hoping it was just a cold but looks like it is the real deal. My doctor friend said it is H1N1 and it is sneaky as it kinda comes and goes. So I will not let her go back no matter what she says. She is such a perfectionist about her school work so please pray she will rest and not worry about all the make-up tests and work she has to do. It is all in her chest... I can see why so many people are getting Pneumonia. She doesn't want to be sick on her birthday but Ali is coming home next weekend and we can celebrate both of these great girls together as we always have. Speaking of Ali, pray for her safety tonight at Midnight... her friends are coming over and taking her out for her "21" celebratiion. Yikes!!!
Denise,I hope Laney just has a plain, ordinary flu. There is really nothing you can do for the H1N1 if you don't jump on it with Tamiflu at the first sign. It is such a sneaky weasel! She will be fine, I'm sure. And Ali will survive her birthday celebration! Hope she got our card (along with many others, of course).
ReplyDeleteDenise, such great prayers for your girls...that Delaney gets good rest...she can celebrate just as she is at home, and that Ali will be home safely in His Arms...and you can all celebrate together... Please don't worry...just collect all the prayers that have brought you this far....
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts are with you this wonderful birthday weekend.
Love, Elle
Happy Birthday to the Thomas girls. Ali, I can't believe you're 21. Hope you're having a ball tonight. Delaney, I hope you're feeling better, sorry to hear you've been so sick. Know you will be up and about soon. El, I hadn't planned on going to Savannah on the weekend, was planning to go on Monday and come back on Wednesday to avoid all the Christmas & New Years weekends traffic. Can you come up then? That would be great. Just talked with my friend Susan who lost her mom recently. I was supposed to have her girls tomorrow while she and her husband went to Blairsville to finish up closing out her mom's place and getting it ready to sell. But, they're not going to be able to go because she was attacked and seriously bitten by her neighbors dog on Wednesday night. She has filed charges against them and is seeing a lawyer tomorrow. The owners haven't even acknowledged the incident. Dog broke loose from a chain. Took the afternoon off today, was so nice and very slow at work, so got some yard work done. Leaves are starting to fall and am still working on trimming back the hedge along the side of the house. Hope everyone has a great weekend, might be our last good weather for a while. Enjoy. Love to all
ReplyDeleteMimi, I had been meaning to tell Ellen that you are coming during the week...glad you mentioned it. How awful about the dog attacking your friend.
ReplyDeleteDenise, more birthday wishes from me. And I echo Mimi's concerns about Laney. I, too, hope she'll be all better quickly
Had one of the long treatments today. The place was a bit crowded; I came home hungry and cranky! Sherry stopped by, though...always a bright spot.
Y'all have a great weekend.
We are having a bit of trouble here - Christopher was in trouble at school this week - I won't elaborate at the moment, but we could really use some prayers and positive thoughts from our sweet family over the next few weeks!
ReplyDeleteWe are going out to brave the cold for soccer this a.m. - it's 38 here! Brrrrrr!
Love and peace to all!
Karen
Karen, positive thoughts and prayers are with you, Mark and Christopher. I'm sure whatever happened will be handled and forgiven. It will probably take time. Take some hot chocolate with you this morning, it is cold, but will be warmer soon. Judy, hungry is good, cranky is only temporary. Hope you're feeling better today. Denise, hope all is well at your house. Ellen, hope you're feeling good after a full week at work. More later, love to all.
ReplyDeleteYou have our love, prayers and support, Karen.
ReplyDeleteTrue, Mimi, hungry is good, but not when tummy doesn't want food! I'm working on it...yogurt and my milkshake today. Hope you spent the day enjoying your beautiul yard. I'm sure that hot chocolate would have been welcome this morning. We're running about 10 degrees warmer and, with no moisture, the humidity is low and the sky is gorgeous!
Love you all, my S.Sistas.
It was cold, but sunny, so not so bad. We lost, but we did need to get out and run around (at least the boys were running around!) I did, indeed, take a thermos of hot chocolate - it was just the right thing. Really focusing on finding the little, positive things right now to help us through this EXTREMELY trying time! Thanks for the love and prayers - please keep 'em coming, my Soul Sistas!!!!
ReplyDeleteDenise, I need some home-schooling lessons - REALLY, REALLY FAST!!!!
Sher - thanks for your messages - we love you and are so thankful for your support and wisdom!
Judy - hmmmm, my tummy doesn't seem to be very happy either! I still get to eat baked potatoes, though, no ranch dressing for me - if I couldn't eat those, some days I'm not sure what I'd eat - nothing really sounds good - I seem to be craving protein, but I can't eat much at one time - I "think" perhaps stress is affecting mine - I can't imagine why?!!! :)
Love and peace to all (love is abundant, but the peace is a little elusive the last few days!!!!) Have a wonderful sunny afternoon everyone!
Karen
My heart is a bit heavy. Karen,you and Mark need to take Chris into your
ReplyDeleteloving arms..seriously. There is never enough time...do it.
For mama ..pray for more than two bites of applesauce.
I want you to show me how to knit..a bit :)
A couple of quotes..if ya'll will.
"For beautiful eyes,look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak
only words of kindness; for poise,walk with the knowledge that you are
never alone." Audrey Hepburn.
and...
from Corrie Ten Boom.
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrow.
It empties today of it's strength."
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known G-d".
sleep now loves...
So sweet, Sherry girl. We'll all sleep well, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteKaren, good comments, even if the game was not a winner. Just being outside (Brrr)and thinking about something else was so beneficial. Do call Denise - she will give you some straight talk about home schooling and all of its ramifications.
Loved talking to you, Elle!
I'm going to call my Doc tomorrow and see if he has some suggestions as to what to do now. And the irony is this gastric thing has nothing to do with the cancer (which is apparently fading away again!) Will keep you all posted, of course.
For now, 'night all.
Sher, thanks for such a wonderful quote and feelings from you personally.....how true that we waste away a day of worries, as we have so few days all of us to enjoy in the big picture. I remember reading the book "the hiding place" way back in high school by Corie ten boom......what a moving story....
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking the time on the phone tonight...we'll touch base towards the holidays....
Mom, sleep well, I will pray for your appetite to increase, that you have peace in your heart and that Daddy will feel comfort in all of your victories as well.
Doug and I would love to come up on Christmas Eve through Christmas Day...so we'll just keep that in mind............how joyous that would be!!!!! haven't done that in a long time!!!
Sleep well my soul sistas.
Love, Elle
We had a night game this evening - under the lights - very exciting!!! We won, so maybe nights will turn out to be our thing!! We play tomorrow evening as well - still trying to fit in all the rain out games! The boys had a great time!
ReplyDeleteWe are so, so, so, so blessed with loving support from family, friends, and occasionally unexpected sources! Turns out there is someone on our soccer team who had a similar issue to what Christopher is going through, and the parents are more than happy to share their experience with us to help us navigate the waters. I believe in being armed with as much information as I can gather!
Must try & get to bed now - home schooling awaits in the a.m.!!! Denise - can you see me waving my red flag? Help, help! Please!
Love & peace soul sistas! Sweet dreams!
Karen
Where is my early morning post??I felt so joyful because I'm better today - tummy is better, the day is brighter (overcast, actually) so, PTL, y'all! I pray every day for God's healing, went to bed feeling pretty yucky, and today, I actually feel that healing. Yes, I'm eating, too.
ReplyDeleteYay, for Mark's soccer team - I know they are thrilled by the win. Yes, you need that support from another family; it should help tremendously. I talked to Kenny this morning and he said Denise would call you. Sounds like Laney is a bit better, and Ali survived her
"21st."
Now, I'm going to make a milkshake!
What a wonderful post Judy! So glad you are finally "feeling" God's healing touch. PTL and Hialeah!!!! Lots going on here... many emotions. Keeping Karen and Co. in our hearts and prayers as they go through a rough patch. It will get better. Hang in there! Love you all!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say goodnight to my caring
ReplyDeleteS. Sistas. Couldn't do without you!
Mom, what a wonderful post! It's like a brand new day...you sound so wonderful...it just makes us all feel the same in our own spirit...PTL as well.
ReplyDeleteEven my leg and hip felt almost nothing this morning. I text'd Doug at work and told him that for whatever reason, I felt so little pain today........hmmmmmm..God works in mysterious ways.....
We also look at Mark, Karen and Christopher with their wonderful friends sharing similar experiences.....deep down, we all have experiences that can help each other.
Well, off to bed.....just trying to get into that 4:45 a.m. alarm.......Oy. Even tho I don't go to work 'til 9:00, it feels good to get started with Doug....now, if only I can walk that early in the a.m. again............
Love my soul sistas.
Sleep well.
Elle :o)
Mom, prayers for another wonderful day!!!!!!! For Daddy too.
hi guys....mommmy, so glad you had a good-feeling day. i am smiling about that. :) hope tommorrow is the same.
ReplyDeleteAs i said to Karen, good kids make crappy decisions sometimes...sounds like the 3 of you (mark, karen and chris) are rallying together and facing this thing head on. good luck with the home schooling...i certainly couldn't do it!!!
take care all...nighty-night.
juls
Had a wonderful time with Denise today - I feel so fortunate to be part of this wonderful family - I don't know what I would do without all of you!! We are getting re-acquainted with our son, and have found that we've really been missing him and didn't even realize it - so much to be said for togetherness!!! De - thanks so much for the books too! A good little read to get grounded again - I feel very discombobulated - I don't do well with a routine of some sort to follow, yet at the same time, I feel a bit in a rut! We will all even out - I'm just ready for it to be sooner rather than later!
ReplyDeleteJudy - we're so happy you're feeling better - eat, eat, eat!!!
Love you all & looking for peace!
Karen
More positive comments! Good for you, Ellen - mind over matter (sometimes). Karen, I'm glad you and Denise got together. Everone is rallying around with love and support, just as you all have done for me. I'm still feeling pretty good and eating normally.Problem is, this tummy thing comes and goes.
ReplyDeleteLoved talking to you this morning, Julie!
Going to bed soon, so take care, y'all!
Hope all are well!
ReplyDeleteLove you and Good Night!
Evening my soul sistas... (And brothers)I hope you all had a wonderful day, and especially a warm, and remembrance Veteran's Day. As much as we hate the even idea of war, we still praise our fellow solders for dedicating their commitment and daily lives to keep our nations as free as possible in these time of unrest times.
ReplyDeleteWell, before I say goodnight, Doug is giving me grief because I put tupperware in the wrong rack in the dishwasher......so, my thoughts got upruptly interruped...kinda like an old record where the needle scraped across the vinyl...ooops, sorry to convey that, but gotta go.
Love you all,
Love you all, God Bless,
Elle :o)
Ok,I'm back and also noticed my typos' as usual, (nation's)?. anyway, I do hope you are all well....I will try to catch up in the morning.
ReplyDeleteMost of all, Mom, I hope you had a good day, rather..a great day and ate well, felt well.
Love you all, and to our soilders (Kar's sister Carmen and my son-on-law John) and veterans everywhere.
Elle :o)
Evening Americans..
ReplyDeleteToday is and always be a day for our Vets. I'm trying to do a bit
more. I love the USO. I spent some time and will continue to
do so at JIA(our airport) USO. I encourage all family to take some
part in our women,men,sisters,brothers,sons,and daughters part
in theaters across the globe. We may not agree on the politics
of war. We must support the men and women who come home.
Ellen and family. We knew first hand. A fallen family member. D.Brock
came home and was lost in the system. Let's work hard to help
change the lives of those who give all.
web sites I love...
USO
Wounded Warriors
Thanks Sher, so sweet. Doug and I have often talked about going over to the VA hospital near us. It's a big one. We would love to just spend at least a few hours in a weekend volunteering. We haven't done it yet, but it does pull on us.
ReplyDeleteKind rememberances.....thanks. I'm sure having been married to a kind vet, makes me even more concerned and empathetic to all soldiers then and now. Hopefully, one day the world will calm down? God speed.
I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!!! Do I see the weekend rolling in???
Getting a second opinion on my leg pain Friday...PT hasn't done that much..... speaking of calming down?
Mom, how are you doing????? I'm so loving knowing your're eating better, you probably have more energy that comes along with your good apetite.!!!! Punch on..........
& Peace Out,
Elle
Good morning my soul sistas!!! The weather looks to be sunny and relatively warm through the weekend - we can all get out and stretch our wings and breathe the fragrant Autumn air in deeply.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of running up to Jasper for Charlie's Horsefeathers Barn Sale on Saturday afternoon, but now Mark can't go - any takers?
Just a quick update - we're in a holding pattern with Christopher for the moment (Judy, thanks so much for your call last night). Still gathering information and seeking counseling. Having the school hearing a week or so out, gives us the opportunity to put some programs in place before they mandate we do so - it will show our good faith in helping Christopher along the path to learning from his mistakes. We'll continue to keep you posted when there is news.
Love and Peace to all! (every time I type this, my fingers type "peach" and I go back and correct it!) I supposed love and peach isn't so bad either!!! Have a wonderful day!
Karen
Elle and Sherry, such good words about our Veterans. Volunteering anywhere to help our military is a GOOD thing.
ReplyDeleteElle, hope your doctor visit tomorrow is productive. btw, everyone who has put Tupperware on the wrong shelf of the dishwasher, please stand up...what a crowd!!
Today the weather is cold - windy, too. Just a taste of winter, then back into the 70s -
boring. Felt good out there today.
Denise, everybody OK in your house? Hopefully,
Laney is all better, and back in school.
Peace out, y'all and nighty-night.
Hi Sistas,Been busy with homeschooling,Moms in Touch,my last training for counseling and just running kids around this week. Laney recovered nicely form the flu but developed this strange rash on her hands,elbows and feet.(weird huh?) Dr said it was contact dermatits(not contagious) She is now on a steroid and it is going away. Never a dull moment around here.:) Glad everyone is doing well. Ali comes home tomorrow to celebrate her birthday with us. So, we will have a busy weekend and will eat more than usual. I like to cook a nice homecooked meal for her on Friday night and we will go out on Saturday,probably to PFChangs. It's kinda our family celebration spot. Peace to all, d
ReplyDeleteMorning all,
ReplyDeleteEveryone sounds so good. Funny, when I read this blog, I see the faces I'm reading about... it's so wonderful!
Oh, mom, yes, ehem....the tupperware thing was funny "afterwards".....Doug is definately the Michael Douglas all facing forward kinda guy somestimes.....it can come out of nowhere! hahah, but, I will say I have a bad habit of craming stuff in the dishwasher...a raise of hands again? but there always seems be tupperware lid that gets a good melting going on on the very bottom....peeeeuuuuuuu and of course, then goes in the garbage....whaaaaaaaat, so what? hahahaha No worries, I'll find something to bring up to him.hahahahaaha, love him to pieces.
I go to this other osteo doc @ 10:00, now of course, I'm searching around this little house for where I slid my x-rays and MRI's....stuck them away too well. I really think I also need to get into some Yoga or Pilates....my PT suggested that. Once your stretched, now ya gotta get the mucle working again.....either way, somethings gotta give.
It's 57 here this a.m.!! Whahoooooo, I think it might snow. :o) I can't belive Thanksgiving is upon us....what is everyone doing? Wish I could see somebody in my fam., maybe somehow still in the next month or so.
Have a great "chilly willy" day all,
Love, Elle
It's 41 here this morning, but going up to 70 in the afternoon. We will go to the library and get Christopher a couple of books to read so his brain doesn't get too mushy!! I'm hoping to sit outside with him and read a bit. Fingers crossed, prayers being offered and accepted - school hearing is next Wednesday the 18th - it will be a VERY long day, but there should be some disposition at the end of it. Lord only knows what the outcome will be - please give me strength to accept whatever it is.
ReplyDeleteMark says "Hey" to everyone! Elle - send us pictures of that snowman! Denise - I know you will treasure your time with Ali this weekend. Mimi - let me know if you want to go to Charlie's with us tomorrow - Mark can't go, so I think Christopher and I will just go anyway!
Love you all so much - thanks for being my family too! Peach out!
Karen
Karen, thanks for the invite, but I'm entertaining some people from work tomorrow night, and I haven't done a thing yet to get ready, so I'll have to pass. Sounds like it would be right up my alley, I love going up in the mountains. Maybe next time. Hope things work out well for Christopher and you on Wednesday, prayers are coming your way. Denise, enjoy your time with Ali and the rest of the family this weekend. Give all the kids a big hug from me. Judy, how are you feeling these days? Hope all is well. El, hope your visit went well with your second opinion doctor today. Somethings got to happen, can't keep on like this forever. talk with you this weekend. Julie and Sheri, hope all is well with you two and your families. More later, going to Pinckneyville Middle School tonight to watch my neighbor girl, Dahra, in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Love to all and "peach" (I like it) out.
ReplyDeleteLove the comments! Elle, we had a good chat this evening - all will be well. Listen to this Doc; sounds like he knows his stuff.
ReplyDeleteKaren, prayers for the hearing. Reading is good for Chris right now. Perhaps you can get his lesson plans?
Good to hear from you, Mimi. When do you go to visit your Dad?
Wishing fun for Ali and all the family. I had the sweetest note from Ali - she is so precious.
I've been feeling pretty good, a bit yucky following today's treatment. I have to remember the drugs have built up and reactions are not uncommon.
I'll just peach out now, myself, and see if I can get some good sleep. Love you, Sistas!
So nice talking to you tonight too Mom..I always want to talk to my Mom, first and above all about things going on in my life, yet I feel so humble with things going on with you first and foremost...I pray for your feeling good tomorrow as I know it just takes a day or two to get feeling back to normal.....I pray for you and Doug daily with your healing and just feel so confident in my faith for the two of you...and now even funny when my own health comes into play...I have been listening to some Joyce Meyer tapes from Mark in my car...how we so forget to pray in Faith rather than Fear "False Evidence Appearing Real" We can get so caught up in our minds rather than just listening...I have done that for probably that past 20 years....intermittently...even on my drive home from work tonight, I felt a peace in the fact that I might have to have this surgery...don't want the surgery, don't want the recoup time, don't want something foreign in my body...but. I think I feel good about it overall, so that's the first and "receiving" thought that I will claim and just go for it. Perhaps this is how I will be able to take care of Doug after the first of the year when he has to have his hernia surgery.....God works in mysterious ways..........
ReplyDeleteWell, nice guitar sounds tonight from Doug, not Tupperware anxiety....oh..yea.
Love you all,
Enjoy all that's well with Karen, Mark, Denise, Alie Madie, Mimi.......
"Peach" Out....thank goodness for no more "Hialeah"
Elle
Well, Sistas, this appears to be another yucky weekend for me:( I expect it will be this way after my 2 last treatments, as well - Nov 25 and Dec 2. But it will be over soon!I keep reminding myself that I've put myself in God's hands, so the healing will take place in His time, not mine.
ReplyDeleteHope everyone is having a great weekend. We had a bit of work done out front today. Finally got those 2 ratty old hibiscus out, and a half-dead azalea, too. Hope the gardenia will survive being moved from it's pot into the ground!
Tomorrow, I'll start a new Post, OK? May not be early, but sometime tomorrow.
Sleep well, y'all.
Sleep well mom...I pray for your yucky feeling to be gone soon. Wish I could be there so much more than am. I also know that Gardenia and your azaleas will do just fine....they are part of your healing as well...! :o)
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to be patient with God's healing sometimes, but do know even in His timing, it is so worth it...I pray for a good day for you tomorrow...
Sleep well, Peach out my Soul Sistas!!!!
Love, Elle