September 15, 2009
Sydney is the star of this Blog - she sent the picture to show off her new PINK
boots! I was so moved by Denise's description of the teen worship evening in
which she played such an important part. I guess we don't always think about the
young people who are directly affected by the recession. Elle's latest addition to our"words & phrases" list is a good one! Let's vow not to apologize for any typos in the future, OK? I miss my Sistas when I go on the Blog and nobody is there. Makes me realize how I do depend on all of you, and how much we depend on each other.
Well, speaking of typos, no matter how I edit this Post, it still comes out "funny!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm here, just trying to keep positive with all this gloom and doom rainy days. Denise, I'm sure that was a very moving meeting you went to. I'm sure Becca will not forget you either. Judy's right, we forget how much the kids suffer with this recession, so many people still out of work. My old neighbors are moving back into their house because they can't afford their new one since he lost his job. Their four kids are very upset having to leave their friends and schools. It's so hard for them to understand. El, sounds like you're liking your new "job love". I love that phrase, let's keep it going and hialeah!!!!!! I'll talk with you this weekend. We had an insurance meeting at work today to see how many were interested in having cancer insurance. It's a great plan, but about half way through the meeting she mentioned that if you're over 64 they can't enroll you. Not fair. I'd say its discrimination. So I raised my hand and said "I'm 68, do I need to be in this meeting?" She said, "unfortunately not". They should have told us ahead of time, but I guess a company can't legally keep you from being part of the meeting. Judy, I hope you're doing well...I think about you often and your positive attitude. I know it helps. How are things at the Ficklen house? When will Johnny be getting a new knee? I know this is long, but I haven't been on here in a while...sorry. What an adorable picture of Sydney. Hard to believe she's so grown up now. Quite the girly girl. Well, don't really know a lot, still trying to get my path done, can't do it until it dries out. Today is supposed to be last day of rain for a few days, certainly hope so. Hope all are doing well and much love to all.
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear "your voice," Mimi. I can only imagine how you look forward to dry weather and the opportunity to work outside. My friend, Estelle who works part-time at Stone Mountain, told me the park sustained quite a lot of damage due to the rains. Apparently, trees were down across roads and part of the railroad. She said some roads are still closed because of the water damage. Thinking about your company meeting, I can't help but wonder if the idea is to cover those employees not on Medicare. That should have been made clear at the onset. As for me, I'm doing well - still focused on gaining weight. Starting treatment #4 tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI think Johnny is about 2/3 of the way thru his treatment plan...they'll schedule his surgery when he is totally infection-free. Well, Karen should be back by now, Hope she had a nice trip and was able to eat some of that good chili!
Looks like I've ragged on and on, so will hush, and go to bed.
Love you and all the Sistas!
Mom, you never "rag" on, we always love your conversations. I do pray as well, that Johnny continues to recover and stays infection free.
ReplyDeleteI will also keep great prayers for you tomorrow. Please drink up following your treatment and into the weekend. I still try to drink a couple of quarts of water a day but it's hard now that I'm not home. You are truly amazing and a blessing to us all. After all, you ARE your Mother in that respect. :o)
Oh, btw...I went to my Publix at your suggestion, and our 7 bone roast here is still around $3.95/lb...yikes...so, I will wait. But, at least I got to see how BIG it is....can't wait to watch for the $1.99/lb sale so I can make your wonderful recipe. Doug can’t wait either :o)
Finishing up an extremely busy work week. I get there at 9:00, jump in a meeting, take minutes for "Stand Up", (an Operations quick gathering to see what's up with all managers for the day), send minutes out, run back to my desk, answer phones for bookings, greet any guests that wander back my way from the lobby to the sales office, book weddings, bar mitzvahs, sleeping rooms.........oooooooooooooh what happened to my bike riding, plant watering mornings? :o( (Keep in mind however my family, that I can extend rates at Marriott properties.) I do not even THINK about my arthritis sometimes, PTL.
I love you all and will focus more on what everyone else is doing...Denise, Julie, Sher, Kar, Ken, (Gandy kidding)
Good night and Peace out my soul sistas....
Sleep well mom....Best thoughts for tomorrow.....I "smell" a nice weekend dinner coming along up there :o)
Love,
elle :o)
Hmmm, as Mom would say..."where is everyone"? It’s 8:35 p.m. and all is well.
ReplyDeleteMom,I hope your 4th treatment went well today and that you are resting well,ate well.
Finished my first week at work....sooo busy, don't really notice my weak knee/hip until about 3:00 p.m.....then leave at 4:00, so I just kind of limp my way out and think about how nice it is to even have a job.... :o)Oy, is that what it takes to ignore pain??? :o(
Well, off to a shower my S.S.'s.....I hope everyone enjoys the beginning of their weekend...love to all,
Elle :o)
P.S. "Fall starts tomorrow here! LOL......70 highs, 60 lows.........I'LL TAKE IT!!!!! :O)
Evening all. Cooler weather here.
ReplyDeleteGoing up to see mommy tomorrow.
A bit of "rough air" for her.
Mom I know you'll blog this eve.
See you in the morning:)
Yay, Sherry! Like everyone else, I'm loving this cool weather. Treatment was uneventul yesterday; the great news is my CA125 dropped to 24 :) Bad news is I am not eating very much...again. I did drink my wonderful milkshake, though. Ellen, you sound as though you are on the run from the minute you get to work! You're right about forgetting your pain when you don't have time think about it.
ReplyDeleteA big birthday on Monday - Aaron and Zach will be 15. Doug's bday is next Saturday, and Shanelle's on the 30th.
Now I shall put my draggy self to bed.
Love you, S.Sistas!
Hello Everyone,
ReplyDeleteWe(me,K, and laney) just returned from Tuscaloosa where we shivered in the stands watching Alabama play South Carolina. We had a great time. Sam and Madie were staying with friends because they had commitments at home.
Madie and I will be starting the homeschool adventure tomorrow. I will be withdrawing her in the morning and we will begin reviewing curriculum and deciding on how to set up her daily schedule. We are both excited about it. Pray that we will both be patient with each other. She is leaving public school because she is so sensitive to all the "Yuck" that it was causing her to be miserable. She was still making good grades and good choices but was so unhappy in that enviornment. Kenny and I both have peace that this is the right choice for her. She has built up a nice network of homeschool friends so she will not be lonely. Glad to hear Elle has her mind off her pain.... Hialeah to the low # 24 and am praying for high numbers in the weight department Judy. Happy B-day to those soon to be driving twins!!! Love ya, de
Denise, I know this decision was not made on "spur of the moment." I like the fact that Madie (and you?) has a network of home schoolers. Sad to realize sweet Madie has had
ReplyDeleteso much junk to deal with; she obviously has had enough. I hope this is the beginning of a whole new chapter for Madie. She couldn't have a more caring teacher!
Had a nice visit with Sherry today. She didn't stay for dinner because she wanted to get home before dark. Just made my day.
I'm eating again, small portions + the biiig
milkshake.
Have a great week ahead, Sistas.
Denise, I agree with mom, Madie couldn't have a ore wonderful teacher!!!!!!! I'm sorry to that she had to make this change, but it could be a wonderful change too.
ReplyDeleteMom, I'm so glad you are eating again!!!!! Did you and Sherry get out and do some fun stuff?
We had an awesome weather day here yesterday and should continue today...burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..
Off to another busy day at work.......a little stressed about it already...is that bad??? :o(.... it's so fast paced with only a 30 minute break in 8 hours, and a lot less $$$$$...OY.......I'm either spoiled or too old! hhahaa........
Happy Birthday to Aaron and Zach! Did anyone see Julie's picture of them she posted on Facebook? ADORABLE!!!!!!
I hope everyone stays nice and warm and has a wonderful Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Elle
typos, typos, typos...........
ReplyDeleteurrrggggh :o)
No apologies necessary for our typos...they are
ReplyDeletepart of "us!"
Everybody must be busy, busy, busy! I did talk to both Julie and Kenny today...that was nice.
ReplyDeleteMaybe we'll get together tomorrow?
Night, All.
Ah, thanks for the typo dismissals Mom. I guess there ARE more important things to worry about.
ReplyDeleteI have to rethink this Marriott job. Last night I had so much pain it was probably a 10 on a 1-10 level...heating pad and Tylenol twice in the night.......geeeeeesh! It makes me so sad to feel this way. I felt fine the first few days, but there is so much up and down activity and the pace is 3 jobs in one. I will feel terrible if I can't do it. Not only because I am more active than that, but also because I accepted the position. However, I did not know it was a combined position and that two people prior to me were too stressed to do it any longer......what can't I make the right decisions? I really thought (and it could still be) that this was THE one.
Ok, I'm sorry my S.S.'s, I kinda rambled on there, needed to get that off my shoulder....or should I say hip, knee,& neck. LOL
I have my PT this evening so I will course, get his opinion.
Well, little Laura's birthday is tomorrow, but even her mom can't find a way to get a card to her because she moves so often......at least we can call her and tell her we love her. She sent the silliest car video the other day; I'll send it on email to ya'll. Kinda scary because you think "who's really driving this car"? But she's just so full of giggly energy....:o)
We will go to Kitty's Friday for Doug's birthday. She is looking forward to it, especially with Amy and her family moved away, she's kinda alone now.....
What else........oh, my trip to GA comes up next Wednesday, that I look forward to every year.......I have to feel better by then!! :o)
I hope everyone is still enjoying this nice weather....hopefully; our sweater weather will be back at its normal time which is around December.
Love you all my Soul Sistas!!!!!
Elle :o)
Hey Elle and all of my sistas.... listen to this passage from my devotions today...."I am your Living God,far more abundantly alive than the most vivacious person you know. The human body is wonderfully crafted but gravity and the inevitable effects of aging weigh it down. lasting abundant life can be found in Me alone. Do not be anxious about the weakness of your body. As you identify more and more fully with Me,My Life becomes increasingly intertwined with yours. Though the process of aging continues,inwardly you grow stronger with the passing years. Those who live close to Me develope and inner aliveness that makes them seem youthful in spite of their years.(this is my favorite part) Let My Light shine through you as you walk in the light with ME!!!!
ReplyDeleteAh,Elle, we hate that you are in pain. Hope your PT had some new advice for you. You are wearing "sensible" shoes to work, aren't you? That can make a huge difference. High heels may throw off your whole alignment. As Denise says, we all must learn to walk in the Light, and I believe even the Lord would condone going for good shoes!
ReplyDeleteAnd with that, I'll just say "nighty night" to you all.
hey ladies!!! had a nice visit with Gramma today...tried to call her several times to remind her i was coming over but never got thru...noticed her phone was off the hook when i got there!! she told me some funny stories about susan when she was little and showed me a neat photo she found of grandaddy's family...he was maybe 8?? it was a photo of him, his sister-Judy, his parents and grandparents (maternal or paternal ???) Mother Clara - guess that would be grandaddy's Maternal grandmother??? anyway, it was soooo cool, they are all at the beach in bathing suits sitting on a car (model T maybe) i want to ask her next time i see her if i could take it and scan it.
ReplyDeletewell the birthday came and went quite uneventfully...i had to sneak to even get a balloon onto the mailbox. kind of sad that they don't want parties anymore....they are playing at the Masquarade on Oct. 28th!!!
Denise, all i can say about wonderful Maddie is that I too have a "maddie"...zach is so sensitive and empathetic to what goes on around him...he absorbs everything and carries it around on his shoulders...beyond his years...seems like what maddie does?? It will serve them well one day.
El, hang in there...give it a few weeks more! Maybe your just not used to the pace. I know you love to be busy!
going to bed...night-night sistas. x0x0x0x0
Good stuff above.........you are all awesome! Great words from three Great moms!
ReplyDeleteI did get a little different treatment at my PT yesterday, she stretched me, said I was extremely tight....did an ultrasound on my knee, and my usual electrode things with heat as well. Anyway, today, I can hardly walk...oh yayyy, I have staff meeting too, but will do the best I can. And yes, mom, no heels for me for a while!!!! Healing is the name of the game now!!!!!
Just think, Maddie and Zach may just be the ones who do something REAL special one day. There's a reason for them possibly being "old souls"....wise and retrospective is a gift. Just want them to be happy, happy, happy. :o)
I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!! Cool picture relating about Granddaddy and his family Julie and I love that you visited with Grandma!!!! :o)
Love, Elle :o) :o)
Madie & Zach being old souls? Shanelle is an old soul, you know. What pic about Grandaddy?
ReplyDeleteWhat am I missing here!
Have a better day, sweet Elle. I'm serious about the shoes.
OK...honest answers now. Are we getting tired of the blog?
ReplyDeleteMom! Never tired of the blog. I was referring to Julies entry above mine where Grandma showed her pics of Grandaddy's family, etc.....? Did you get to read that? btw...where are your identity pics (Syd's cute pic)...does anyone else not see them when they're here? It's just a white box.........oohh, creepy. :o)
ReplyDeleteDecided to get my "talons" done after work, made me feel a little better, got Doug's birthday present shhhhhhhhhh! (a harmonica) he loves watching Neil Young go at it with his, so I think he will enjoy playing around with that as well as his guitar.
Hope to get a nice nights' sleep and hope everyone else will as well.
Mom, again..WE WILL NEVER GET TIRED OF THIS BLOG...!
Love you all!!!!
Elle XOXOXXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Mom, I think the confusion is..you thought Juls had posted an actual picture? Nope, just talking about one she saw at Grandmas, but I know that if she gets one from Grandma, she will scan it and send to us all!!! Just wanted to clarify......you're not loosing it! hahaha...although, sometimes I think I AM!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks! No, I'm not losing it...just a slight case of chemo-brain!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS BLOG!!!!! DON'T TAKE IT AWAY SISTA!
ReplyDeleteNo, no don't take it away, Judy. I love this blog. I've noticed that there's not as much action since Ellen went back to work, that may be what you're feeling. There are times when I'm going to blog, but really have absoltuely nothing to say. I know that's hard to believe, but it's true, but we love this blog. El, I'm sorry you're having so much pain even though you're wearing the right shoes. Maybe you just are not ready to work full time yet......if it's bothering you that much. I know how you feel, there used to be times when I wouldn't want to get up from my desk because it hurt so bad. If I had a lot of stress it was always worse. Zoloft has done wonders for my back. Julie, I love hearing about your family, and love the picture of Sydney. John is coming over tonight to cut the grass. We've had so much rain, and it's coming back tomorrow, but supposed to clear out for the weekend. Denise, my sista, are we going to see some of the picture of the girls from Homecoming? How is the homeschooling going? I'm sure Madie will be much better without the "yuck". Isn't it sad though......what is the answer? Well, John's here, need to finish up. Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep the faith. Judy, you're my hero. Love to all.
ReplyDeleteNice note Mim....thanks for the encouragement on the pain....that's exactly what I was feeling yesterday as far as "getting up"...went to PT today and feel soooooo much better. Go figure....so, off to work tomorrow and we'll see how I feel. During my "downtime" this a.m., I really searched on "at home" jobs...the first thing I thought of was something that I think would be so in-line with me......sitting with the elderly down here...I would love to do something like that.....either just for company, taking them grocery shopping, etc (things I loved doing with Grandma and miss so much). Either way, I will see how this goes the next few days at the Marriott before I come up to Atlanta, and just pray and take it from there. Perhaps, that could be my calling.....Actually, I feel so peaceful thinking about something like that.
ReplyDeleteMom, I hope you had a good day? Do you have another treatment tomorrow? And, how many more? Do you think you and Daddy would still like to come down? Doug and I would soo love it!!!!
Love to all who are missed here tonight: Sher, Juls, Kar!!!!!!
Nite my S.S's.
Elle :o)
P.S. So Mim, was I "the action" so funny, perhaps I just had more time to write and I do miss it!!!! And, all of you for that matter!
ReplyDeleteXOXOXO
Elle
Thanks, Sistas! Denise, I'm interested in how the home schooling is going, too. Do tell, when you have a chance.
ReplyDeleteI love your comments, Mimi. I'm sure Elle draws
strength from you. We expect rain tomorrow, but for the one day only. The pics I've seen of Lake Lanier look gorgeous sue to all of the rain, not that you need any more!
I'll see Dr. Burke tomorrow and finish up Treatment #4. Will report to my S. Sistas after!
Have a great Friday. y'all!
Well tomorrow we will have finished our first week of homeschooling. It has gone very well. I have felt confident teaching American Lit,World History and Bible and Madie is learning Algebra2,Chemistry and French3 from a Cd she watches on the computer. We have enjoyed discussing the Scarlet Letter and I am going to have her do some writing about what she is reading. We will work in new vocabulary as well. She really is so much happier and I feel like my Madie is back to being herself again. We are enjoying spending more time together but both of us are giving each other space to be alone when we need to. She starts her work about 9:30 and she is done before noon. I will try to keep up with the blog but I sorta have a part time job now and the day is flying by. I have 3 more weeks of my training for counseling and I will be commissioned on Dec 1. I am very excited about all of these changes happenning as I feel I am in the center of God's will for my life. I am thinking of you all and praying for all the things you are dealing with. Much love my sistas!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the call, Sherry & Ellen!
ReplyDeleteDenise, sounds as though and Madie have your work cut out for you. Great that you two are not sitting across a desk looking at each other all day! Tell me more about your counseling training, and what it means to be commissioned.
I had a good visit with Dr Burke today. He is pleased with my progress...makes two of us! He recommends a low fiber diet for my tummy problems. There go my baked potatoes.I'll continue to take my Bentyl, which is the anti-
spasmodic. It makes me drowsy, so I do enlist Daddy's help as a driver when I need to do errands.
That's it for now; I'm drowsy! Love you all, Sistas.
Nothing new today...feeling pretty good, actually! Just wanted to say hello to my Sistas, and Goodnight.
ReplyDeleteSince no one has blogged today, thought I might get something started. It's been a beautiful day here today. Lots of sunshine and great temperatures. Doug, hope you had a great birthday...El, time is getting close for your trip here. Anxious to see you. Judy, sounds like you are having a good day. I'm sure they will all get to be good very soon. Denise, are you going to set up a business or will it be by referral only? Glad Madie is getting back to that wonderful young lady, happy and content. I know she's getting a good education with you. Hope you all have a good week and love to all.
ReplyDeleteNice, Mimi. I'll bet Elle & Doug had good birthday weekend with Kitty. Elle is getting excited about her trip. Know what? I'll bet while she's away relaxing, the pain will disappear. Hope so, anyway. We've had some overly warm days and cool nights - ready for a bit or real fall weather. Oh, I almost forgot, this is South Georgia!
ReplyDeleteI do feel good today. Cooked barbequed baby ribs, ate half a sweet potato (no skin), and steamed a package of sweet peas.What's more, I enjoyed my dinner. Maybe things are looking up. and I'll begin to put on a few pounds.
Have a great Monday, y'all!
Ah.... Nice Sunday eve to all as well. Doug and I had a nice visit at Kitty's this weekend for his birthday...oh my....56 already?! We actually had to discuss Amy and Laura being 27 and 29....where does the time go???!!!
ReplyDeleteKitty had a little banner on the sliding doors out back for Doug, a coconut cake and curry shrimp (Doug's favorite (Julie) LOL....we really just did nothing.... other than went to a shooting range on the way back down through Sebastian....how fun watching Doug shoot it his FS2000 (this is a gun that Obama is eliminating all ammo for down the road) so Doug bought it early on....I'll let Doug explain that one, one day.. All I know is, I tried to shoot a couple of rounds at the range, and I felt it in my shoulder pretty well....ouch...
All in all, what a nice weekend, started with Mom's great news about her results from Dr. Burke and her/you mom eating and on the right track!!!
Back to work tomorrow...stretched out my legs pretty well this weekend, stopped at the nutrition store to make sure I have all of the magnesium, etc. I need for my muscles, and sounds like I'm doing fine. Thanks, again Denise for the Omega 3 recommendations....I am taking a 3-6-9 Omega which seems to be working well.
I head off to Atlanta on Wednesday...always a lot of apprehension flying alone at this point in my life... (Part of aging I guess) I just don't like traveling without Doug anymore...so I guess, I need prayers if you all don't mind. :o)
Julie, Mimi, Karen, Mark, I will see you all on Wednesday. and hopefully Grandma on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!
Sleep well my soul sistas...............
These conversations/entries are so nice...........love them.
Elle :o)
Sounds like a fun birthday weekend, Elle. We used to go out to a range to fire hand guns. Never tried one of those big guys!Don't fret about your flight...you'll be there before you have a chance to worry about it.
ReplyDeleteJulie, loved our chat last night! Grandma told me how much she enjoyed seeing you and is looking forward to tomorrow. Sweet!
I finally bought what I need for my Christmas cards, and have my stuff all laid out on the work table.The Merry Maids come tomorrow - then I'll get to work!
Denise and Madie, hope you are enjoying every day of your new project. Keep us posted.
Sweet dreams, y'all!
Good morning SS's,
ReplyDeleteWe are under another flood watch here.
Sorry Mimi... I am not good at getting out the pictures. I will see if Madie can help me. Things are going well with her homeschooling and she has more time to help me with things around the house. How is your yard in all this rain?
Judy.. so glad your appetite is back!! I am at my lowest weight since I started Nutrisystem so I will continue to send you my LB"s.
Everyone sounds so good my Soul Sistas...! How nice.
ReplyDeleteI leave tomorrow at 8:00 a.m....any prayers would be wonderful...Dougie will be fine, I think it's just because last year this time, I worried about him when we really didn't even know why he was feelin' a little puny....couldn't wait to get back home!!!
I'll be back on Sunday and will look forward to seeing/hearing from all of you as you enjoyed your next 4 days.
I love you all so much....say a prayer that my pilot(s) don't decide to checkout their laptops along the way...ok, LOL, I have to keep some humor there.
I will meet up with my friend Peggy Steen/Johnson after my arrival..how fun...been 30 years...will we RECOGNIZE each other? Then I get to see Mimi, Karen and my friend Julie Weiss that night with some other H.S. friends possibly. Either way, every encounter is a treasure!!!!! Plus, see Julie tomorrow when she get's home!!!
Sleep well...text me if you like..I will try to respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love all, pray well, eat well!!!
Elle :o)
Elle, that sounds like the title of a book, "Eat,Pray,Love." Have a wonderful time. I love to hear you sound so excited.We'll want to know all about the trip and your reunion with Peggy, Hate that Atlanta is under another flood watch. We, at the moment, are under a tornado watch, and should get some thunderstorms.
ReplyDeleteMerry Maids came and shined up my house today.
Denise, sounds as though you are doing well with the Nutrisystem.
Have a good night, S.Sistas!
Mom, one last post as I will be gone early tomorrow..I will keep an eye out for your weather there....tornado watch? Shoot, where do these systems come from? Is Sher coming up?
ReplyDeleteGlad your house is all shined up..will they come down here pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :o)
Love you all once again,
Elle :o)
Just got home from Wild Wings with Ellen and all her old school chums, plus Karen and Julie Weiss. Ellen looks great and so does Karen. Karen may join me on a trip to see you, Judy, between Christmas and New Years. It was really like a high school reunion, so glad Karen, Julie and I had each other to talk with. Nice people, hope to keep in contact with her friend Peggie. Lives close to me. Had another 2 inches of rain yesterday, yard is pretty soggy, hope to dry out this week. Denise, glad you and Madie are doing well with her home schooling. Hope everyone is having a great week, will write over the weekend. Love to all, Mimi
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are beginning to dry out. We could surely use some of that rain here. Today was pedicure day...ahhhhh. I need that pampering once in a while. Feeling pretty good and EATING as I should. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love you all, Sistas!
Rain is coming back in tonight and will stay all day tomorrow so I guess we are not gonna dry out for a little longer. So happy to hear about the pedi and the EATING Judy! Kenny has been out of town for a few days so I am glad to have him back today. Going to put a meal in the crockpot because he hates to go out on Friday night and tonight will be a good night to stay and be cozy. I am ready for a good rest this weekend as I have had a few late nights. I took Madie to a concert at The Tabernacle down on Luckie St in Atlanta. We went with one of her friends and her mother. It was a fun "girls" night but we didn't get home til midnight. I'm sleepy!ZZZZZZZ Sorry, I think I nodded off there for a minute. Gotta take a power nap before I have to pick up Sam. It is early release day. Love ya Sistas
ReplyDeleteMore rain? Atlanta has had more than enough already!Interesting, Denise, that you got to go "downtown." Luckie Street really brings back memories of walking everywhere in downtown Atlanta when we were growing up. I did the crockpot thing today, too - made a pot of MY award-winning chili! We all make chili different ways, and every one is the BEST! It was good, and I hope I won't regret having eaten it.
ReplyDeleteSo Elle is off with the girls. They always have such a good time together. Maybe they'll have at least a hint of fall weather.
Well, Sistas, tomorrow is the last day for this thread. Sunday, we start anew. I have a beautiful picture to post, thanks to Sherry.
That's my story, and now to bed.
WOW! Have I missed a lot! I've spent the morning catching up on everyone's lives! How wonderful that we have a place that we can do that - even though the activity comes and goes, the blog keeps everyone connected on so many levels! I think we'll all admit that we're in better, closer touch than we've been in years - all thanks to this blog and our love and empathy for each other! So, don't be discouraged when some of us wander away, it's so lovely to know we have this "place" to come back to! It's so fun to hear what everyone has been doing - the homeschooling sounds like a really big deal, but it seems to be going well. I wouldn't know where to begin on a quest like that, but I do know there are lots of people doing it (several families in our neighborhood), and also from my book background, I know how many great resources are now available for homeschooling as well.
ReplyDeleteThe rain, and talk about it, has certainly become a daily part of our lives! Mine has revolved so much lately around scheduling and re-scheduling soccer! My head is spinning with it all! We played the last two Saturdays in the rain, cold & wind (Christopher got hurt one of those games, but is fine now - thank you Scottish Rite), but they cancelled this morning's game last night! Yee Ha! They so rarely get the decision made in time, but in this case, they got the word out - we just hope no one on our team showed up to find out - an empty soccer field is a pretty lonely place to be!! Now, my head will be spinning again trying to get this one on the books - just when we had them all slotted in - oh well - I hope the league scheduler has plenty of coffee.
Judy, I hope your tummy continues to behave - it's such a drag trying to figure out just the right combination of what to do to make it all better (or less bad, some days!) You said this was treatment #4 - you're going to have a total of 6, right? Assuming the schedule you're on now, when will that wind down? Mimi did invite me to come along on her Savannah jaunt between Christmas and New Year's, which I think sounds wonderful, and hopefully will coincide with the time when your treatments will have concluded. It's been a long time since we've been to Savannah at the holidays and I'm looking forward to seeing it in all its finery!!!
It was so good to see Ellen the other night - even if it was brief! Sent her off to the mountains with some of the yummy pumpkin cranberry muffins! I believe we've perfected those now - the secret is adding orange zest (one whole orange's worth), and using the orange flavored dried cranberries. Tasty any time of day, but I've been having them for breakfast and they are a great morning bite.
Love and peace to all of us who come & go, ebb & flow, and know just where to come home to!!!
Happy Halloween!
Karen
Evening loves.
ReplyDeleteOh my! It's "fall back"!
Extra sleep for poor "Dogs".Full moon....eewoo.
Great for our "border town" Lot's of fans to bring $$ to Jax.
Anyhoo..I sat with mama..hey mama! Yes I do eat..but coming
home for lunch or dinner is always ..the best.
ps...mom..I was hungry! Chili with black beans,Publix chicken,and
homemade custard...heaven!
Mama you looked so pretty and peaceful today. I believe you just get
more beautiful every time I see you.
I love you!
What can I say after Sherry's compliments? Her visit was short but wonderful. Guess I'll always enjoy seeing my kiddos eat something I've prepared!
ReplyDeleteKaren, I'm sure your muffins are yummy, but I can't seem to "get" the combination of pumpkin, cranberries and orange. Hope you and Mimi do make it down here - I'm hoping my treatments will be over sometime the first week in December.
Yes, we can stray from the blog and return, and it's sort of like coming back to a conversation and picking up where we left off. I do love staying in touch this way.
New Post tomorrow - now I'm going to bed and hope I can snag that extra hour of sleep!
Good morning Sistas! Happy Full Fall and November!!
ReplyDeleteEveryone sounds so great here....maybe Fall is as much as a "renewal" as Spring is. I love that you are feeling better and EATING mom, what answered prayers we can all be thankful for.
My trip........woooooohaaa. it was just as expected plus more. My friend Peggy Steen was adorable, her full white hair surprised me as she just let it go that way last year...says she's "still on the fence" with that decision. Saw some other great friends including Mimi and Julie Weiss, and yes, Kar on Wednesday. That evening finished with a wonderful stay at the Sugar Hill Thomas', how comfy and welcoming as always. Great muffins Kar, we enjoyed them sooo much. That was a very sweet thing to do!! P.S. Please tell Angel I still love her!!! :o) Headed off to the cabin on Thursday...the leaves were at their peak, oh my......nice chilly jacquzzi evenings, celebrated Christmas with dinner, decorated a little tree and exchanged gifts. I will say however, my sweetest gifts were to be able to see my family including a quick visit with Julie and Grandma....My, where does the time go???? It goes so fast so it's a bit "bittersweet" but I was welcomed home so sweetly by Dougie.........my treasure.
Now, work today?????????????????? Oh my..........
better head off to the shower, get pressed and starched as mom would say..
I love you all and can't wait for the next opportunity to see any of you!!! Oh, btw Mom, if it is indeed a good time to visit when Karen and Mimi so, perhaps Doug and I will drive up as well. Julie and I were discussing that yesterday and perhaps they could come too? Do I smell a beautiful holiday brewing??? :o)
Love you all!
Elle :o)